PDA

View Full Version : Walden Media

Millionaire Waltz
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
... they just optioned a book series that I was working on treatments of (drat!) and I've been trying to get in contact with them to discuss the project.

Unfortunately, their website has only a "press" e-mail option ...

Bad Liver
08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Strap in, kids.

kidcharlemagne
08-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Mr Waltz

Check your PM
KC

MacG
08-11-2005, 06:08 PM
... they just optioned a book series that I was working on treatments of (drat!) and I've been trying to get in contact with them to discuss the project.

Unfortunately, their website has only a "press" e-mail option ...

Wait-wait-wait...hang on. You were working on a film treatment for a book series you didn't own the rights to?

Oh, MW.... :(

Millionaire Waltz
08-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Wait-wait-wait...hang on. You were working on a film treatment for a book series you didn't own the rights to?

Oh, MW.... :(

Yes, since there's no way in hell I could afford to buy the rights. However, if I were able to pitch a treatment either to the author or to a production company, I might be able to influence one or the other.

The crazy part is actually that this particular series was optioned; it's so obscure, I never thought anyone would pick it up.

PoisonIvy
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM
You can certainly try but Walden has a list of writers they would work with... It's not very long and all of them are A list or close. They are extremely exclusive. Even moreso when they work with Disney.