PDA

View Full Version : 411 on Full Moon

earlyman75
10-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Any info on Full Moon? Just got word my script is climbing the "development ladder" there. Can't find a thing on them. Same email from agent mentioned Grammnet, which is Kelsey Grammer's place, so I'm wondering if Full Moon is an actor-associated company as well. All I know from my agent is that they are small but have access to distribution. Hmmm...

Any info- good, bad, or ugly- is appreciated.

Done Deal Pro
10-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Full Moon is or was, director Charles Band's company. They did low budget (cheesey) horror, sci-fi, and action films.

certified instigator
10-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Full Moon Pictures (http://www.fullmoondirect.com/) has a spotty record. I've done efx for them and even sold a script to them. It never got made and I saw a grand total of $250.

But they DO make movies and they are surprisingly difficult to get into.

earlyman75
10-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Yikes!

I sort of cringed when I went to their website. I instantly emailed my agent to find out what was going on. Apparently she knows the guy that runs the company and he requested my script as a favor because he is trying to restructure and make legitimate films. I guess I'm flattered in that sense, but still, that website left one heck of a bad taste in my mouth...

Looks like they focus more on toys than movies! I hope that changes!

wcmartell
10-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Full Moon has been around forever, and previously had a few other names. They make dirt cheap horror movies. For a while they had a deal with Paramount to make horror films for $1 million each... so they made the films for around $500k - $250k and pocketed the rest. Paramount stopped the deal...

You'd be lucky to get $1k out of them for a script.

All of that said, they've made some good films (TRANCERS) and gave some talented writers a start. But their budgets seem to get smaller as time goes on.

If you don't like the kind of thing they make, know that that's the kind of films they have made for the past 20 years. I don't think it's going to change.

- Bill