PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern Attached

docohio123
02-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi,

My question is:

If you wanted to Attach an "A" list star to your project how would you go about it?

I mentioned Howard Stern only because he is probably the only celebrity that you can call up and actually talk to.

Thanks

TmL

MacG
02-10-2005, 04:12 PM
You need to find yourself an A-list star with a production company. That'll be hard enough to infiltrate without representation, though....

Other than that, you'll have to go through their agent / manager and they'll want money attached before they even consider looking at the script.

As for Howard, sure you can call him on his show, but you can rest assured if you mention a project, he'll tell you to call Don Buchwald.... :p

JakeSchuster aka Ostroff
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
...or he'll ask if you do anal.

:p

MacG
02-10-2005, 06:54 PM
...either of which won't be a pleasant experience.

docohio123
02-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Depends, are we talking about anal with Howard or Robin? Who`s the pitcher and who`s the catcher? If Howard would "do" my movie I guess I could "do" Robin. In fact, Howard would`nt have to agree to do my movie just go see it and I`d still do Robin.

Odocoileus virginianus
02-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Ah, but are you as well hung as Mr X? Or Penn Gillette? (Big guy, big package, right?)

wcmartell
02-13-2005, 03:19 AM
The usual way you get an A list star attached to your project: you sell the script and the producer does that stuff.

If (for some odd reason) you want to attach the actor yourself, you need to know them personally.... or pay them. If you don't know them, they'll just give you the name of their manager or agent... and those people will want money. Any actor that can help your script is going to be an actor who can help about a million other scripts, so the agent or manager will get rid of the non-players by asking for an offer - that is, payment for their client. So if you want to attach Tom Cruise to your script, you can shell out $25 million or be Tom's best friend.

Be careful of attaching actors who can't help your script. Having a non-bankable actor attached is often a liability - the producer now has to buy off the actor PLUS pay a star to play that role.

If you're looking for a shortcut to getting your script sold, here it is: Write a great script. Not one that you think is great, one that the people buying scripts think is great.

Oddly, people tend to think writing a great script is the easy part, when really it's the hardest danged thing in the world.

- Bill

EmmyDreams
02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Also, Howard Stern has a production company.