PDA

View Full Version : CE and Industry types...

E J Pennypacker
01-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Hello,

Could you possibly list (or even hazard a guess) the festivals and events in which major industry DOD's and CE's will be 'out of office' to attend. In other words, what are the worst times to send "Please read my script..."?

What I'm getting at is:

Sundance.
Cannes.

Etc.

Thanks,

EJ

jimjimgrande
01-31-2005, 01:40 PM
The fact is that you will get a different answer from different offices as to what's the worst time.

One exec's office may shut down during Cannes. The guy right across the hall may allow his asssttant to handle such things and having some extra time because the boss is out of town will get your script read. Or the boss will bring your script as airplane reading. It's a crapshoot.

Whatever the truth may be, Cannes, Sundance, the Holidays, Summer - they are all plausible and viable excuses as to why your scrpt didn't get read and there's no way to predict the best time send one.

The same person who can't read your script because they are away for Sundance will be too busy once they get back.

The agency I read for seems to get many more query/friend of a friend level submissions in December/January and July/August than the rest of the year, but I don't take that at gospel.