PDA

View Full Version : what do you do with your short scripts?

south832
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Stuff them in the drawer and forget about them? If you don't know any film students, how do you find companies/people who want short scripts?

BeefMissile
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Use these sources for your short film screenplays/scripts;
www.moviebytes.com www.hollywoodlitsales.com www.screenwritersmarket.com www.inktip.com www.inkonthebrain.com www.mandy.com www.triggerstreet.com www.craigslist.org(writing/editing jobs) www.hcdonline.com www.entertainmentcareers.net. Also check the Blackchurch Message Boards(screenwriters/screenplays).
Shortscriptsonline.com was a good source but I think it was shut down. Use www.imdb.com www.upcomingmovies.com and www.archive.org for more details about films/scripts/screenwriters/etc. Also, PROTECT YOUR PROJECTS with loc.gov(copyrights) and WGA.org before sending any pitch/script emails.

Several prodcos/students/producers/short film script contests are listed on the sites above. Check often for new listings!

:hat

JustinoIV
10-18-2004, 04:04 PM
You can also rewrite them as features.

The market for shorts is extremely limited, and you'd get little to no pay.

Unless of course, you want to produce your own short script. New filmmakers often write and direct their own shorts as a way of getting their name out there.

Keith Kocaine
10-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes. You can film it yourself. Another possibility is that several related shorts result in a feature-length screenplay.

TonyRob
10-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Bingo.

(That's the route I'm taking.)

heavenlysurfer
10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
There was a time when we could film them and put them on short film sites on the net. My short film, "Making the Dead Jealous" was on ifilm.com and zero1films.com

Not sure if any of those types of sites exist anymore...and they were free..

I can still point to "MTDJ" on a search engine and get the zero1 site to come up...an executive producer looking at one of my other scripts was impressed I'd filmed something as well..so anything helps...

RogerRmjet
11-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Get your video camera and film it, then edit the thing on a Mac. You look much better to a producer (or anyone) with a film under your belt that just someone who wrote a script. Plus, you'll be amazed at how much you learn from the process.

Totiwos
11-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Submit them to public access television? (Just an idea, as I don't have any short scripts.)

wcmartell
11-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Film them yourself.

Hairy Lime
11-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Visit indy websites and make connections with aspiring directors and young producers. Just in the past month I've had two short scripts picked up for production by separate indy production companies looking to expand their portfolio of material.