PDA

View Full Version : Ringing producers

Jmandb7
10-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone!
Newbie here (although long time lurker)

I am an out of town writer that wants to set up some meetings in LA as I happen to be there visiting friends in Nov.
When contacting producers what is the best method to get through to them on the phone without being fobbed off by their assistants?
Do you tell the assistants why you are ringing? That seems to spell the kiss of death to me.
Or would I be just better writing to the producers?

Thanks
James

PS This is an excellent forum you have here.

Hairy Lime
10-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Have these producers read your scripts?

Have these producers even asked to read one of your scripts?

Have these producers ever heard of you in any capacity whatsoever?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you *might* be able to have a meeting.

Otherwise, enjoy LA and carry copies of your scripts with you whenever you go out in case you run into someone perfect for the lead.

Ivylilly
10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Here's the procedure to set up a meeting with a producer.

1. Have manager submit a script to them. If you don't have a manager I guess you can query them yourself.

2. If you do have a manager, have him follow up. If they like the script, most likely they will be open to a meeting. If they didn't like it, they'll say no. If you don't have a manager, all you can do is wait for them to contact you. There is really not much you can do because an unknown writer has virtually no chance of meeting a producer unless the producer requests meeting.