PDA

View Full Version : how do I do this?

mayalucy
08-14-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm new so hello to everyone. I've just completed my first screenplay. I approached agents and got the usual 'list full' letters except one. This is a large firm who basically said: sorry, list full but if you approach personally and get good feedback we will take it from there. So, this seems like the chicken and the egg situation. I can't get a rep but without a rep how do I get a company to read. Can anyone out there give me some suggestions.

Thanks

MayaLucy:\

whistlelock
08-14-2004, 10:14 AM
so, you only tried one agency? Did you send a querry letter with a log line for your script to a few agencies? Did you send a version of that querry letter to production companies that produce movies in the same genre as your script?

If the answer is no, then there you go. that's a good place to start.

mayalucy
08-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks. I have tried more than one agency but it's always the same thing. Lists full. What I want to know is, how is the best way to approach production companies on the basis that an agency will take me on if I get good feed back. Do I mention this fact in my query letter?

mayalucy

Pandoraisme
08-14-2004, 03:08 PM
You can get a company to read you without an agency behind you, but the query letter has to blow them away.

IMHO, they won't care how full their list is if something that interests them lands on their desk. If you're absolutely sure this script is as good as it can be, I'd rework the query letter and try again.

Meanwhile, get busy on your next script. :)

Best of Luck, and congrats on finishing your first screenplay.