PDA

View Full Version : No unsolicited submissions

gruss
07-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Presumably that means not even query letters?

Writer1
07-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Go ahead and query. "No unsolicited submissions" is one way of keeping the number of queries to a minimum and, as I understand it, refers to scripts being sent...NOT queries.

I've had prodcos call or write back and say, "we normally don't accept unsolicited material, but it sounds like an interesting story...go ahead and send the script."

Query 'em...Just make sure you have a great query letter.

donald gregory
07-30-2004, 01:22 PM
ditto to what Writer1 said.

billythrilly7
07-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Yes.

Mail, e-mail, query away to everyone and anyone. Pay no attention to phrases like "don't accept queries."

Don't send scripts. That's the only thing you shouldn't do.

It's been my experience that the "don't accept queries" people are a lot more open to getting e-mails than letters. Everyone loves e-mail.

whinywriter
08-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Do you guys send letters to every manager at a company, or do you just choose one or two? Is it obnoxious to send multiple queries to the same company/ agency?

billythrilly7
08-04-2004, 12:38 AM
It depends. If I'm really frustrated and pissed off, I might send mulitple letters to different people at the same company on the same day. If I'm thinking rationally and calmly, I'll pick one. And then maybe at a later date send another one to someone different.

If it's a smaller company, there's probably one assistant opening all the letters.