PDA

View Full Version : Dance with the Devil or Play It Safe?

rumely28
06-15-2004, 04:33 PM
If you had material that could peak the interest of a production company would you send it to them even if their track record is the kiss of death at the box office? For example, say you have a fresh take on the Western, would you send it to Kevin Costner and hope for the best? Or, would you querry through regular channels?

R28

toto1958
06-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Sure I would send it to them, Your not under contract with them for looking at your script are you. Even a lowely life company like that deserves a chance.

The kiss of death at the box office is only because they have been picking bad scripts.

check bbb before doing anyting just to be on the safe side.

You want to look for criminal andd unscrupulous behaviors.

It could just be a company whos had bad luck.

v i o l e n t c a s e s
06-15-2004, 05:16 PM
"check bbb before doing anyting just to be on the safe side."

yes do check with the better business bureau to see if there've been consumer complaints against the particular production company, kevin costner, etc.. :lol

toto1958
06-15-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm talking about the production company, not kevin costner. If Kevin Cosner has a company you can check to see if has any marks against it. Still laughing now.

freebaser14
06-16-2004, 07:17 AM
toto, I think you are fabulous. You should take your act on the road. :rollin

Gillyflower Cooms
06-16-2004, 07:47 AM
What the @#%$ do you care about their box-office record? Do they gets movies made? Gimme a break.

Augie Kestrel
06-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Gillyflower is right. Besides, people move around a lot in this business. By the time your film gets made, the entire staff at this prodco may be entirely different than the one responsible for the bombs. Go fot it.

wcmartell
06-19-2004, 01:11 PM
If your script fits what they make, that's all that matters. The box office thing happens *after* the film's been made and you've been paid.

If TIG buys your script and they make it into a movie starring Kevin Costner and that movie flops? I'd just blame Kevin for everything if anyone asks.

- Bill