PDA

View Full Version : resumes...please help

xxFEARLESSxx
06-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I have been encouraged to apply for a fellowship with a major company and don't want to screw this up. They request a bio and a resume. I've written several scripts but have never seen an actual screenwriter bio or resume. Can someone please give me an example or template to look at? Thank you.

Hamboogul
06-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Disney?

JustinoIV
06-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I would assume you write it just like you would any other resume. Go into microsoft office, get a resume template, and fill it in with info that is most relevant to the position you're applying for. (be as honest as possible)

Ivylilly
06-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Industry resume consists of the list of credits (if any)
and a list of screenplays you've written. Separate TV from features.

Then include any gigs/internships you may have had that are relevant.

If you went to film school, put that there. If not, don't.

Now, if you're talking Disney Fellowship, then it's more of a traditional resume.

xxFEARLESSxx
06-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. So I should include non-industry jobs (aka manual labor) in the resume for the Disney fellowship? Also, I've heard not to include writing credits on acting resumes and vice versa. Is this the case? I would think that my acting credits may help in the experience field.

I didn't attend film school, but I did attend a University for a Liberal Arts/English degree.

Any advice on the format issue?

Thank you for all of your replies.

Ivylilly
06-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Well, if you're applying for a writing gig, they don't care about your acting experience. They just want to see your writing credits.

You format them as follows:

Your name and your agent's contact info.

Name of the project - who it was done for - year

Then the things you wrote:

Name of screenplay - genre - where it was set up (if it was set up)

List awards
List education, if applicable (I guess you can put your English degree on it)

For Disney, use general template but don't put everything there. Just whatever applies best to "writing."