PDA

View Full Version : Pitching to talent I have written a role for

The Republican
06-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Im preparing to pitch to the manager of the talent who I had in mind specifically for the main role in my film. He is a veteran of over 100 films, but has never had a lead, and in my opinion is one of the most underrated actors in America.

Anyway, I have noticed a lot of "pitching" threads on here, but I would assume pitching to the talent and pitching to a prod. co is fairly different, correct?

This is going to have to be a phone pitch, so should I basically keep it short and sweet while letting him know that the role was indeed written with him in mind?

Thanks in advance.

billythrilly7
06-16-2004, 09:23 PM
James Rebhorn!!

Right?

jimjimgrande
06-17-2004, 12:15 AM
imho -

Especially because this is a phone pitch, I would keep it very short. Concept, describe the role, logline.

All you're trying to do is get him to read the script right? H'es just feeling you out, making sure you're not a kook.

Other pitches in this category are mostly about unwritten stories, about selling ideas. You've already written the script so let it tell the story for you.

And then let the Rebhorn Juggernaut roll!

The Republican
06-17-2004, 02:30 AM
You bastards read my mind. ;)

As I said, since this is the man I wrote the part for, I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks again.

billythrilly7
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Is it really Rebhorn?

I hope so, cause he's amazing.

The Republican
06-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Yes indeed it really is Rebhorn. He has been one of my favorite actors for God knows how long, and it kills me that he has not achieved the status he deserves. I honestly have nobody else I would like to fill this main role.

I spoke with his representation today, and so far everything has gone perfectly. He coveyed the notion that Mr. Rebhorn would be very interested in the project and asked to see a copy of the script.