PDA

View Full Version : Talent question

copywriter1
05-21-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm working with a producer on trying to attach talent to a screenplay of mine. The protagonist, a 15 year old boy, is the key. It has to be someone bankable to a studio. We have a short list of possibilities, but I'd like to see if any of you have other ideas. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Aragroan
05-21-2004, 12:05 PM
Go with an unknown and attach established actors to secondary roles. B list in North America can often mean bankable overseas.

SebsWrtrDad
05-21-2004, 12:17 PM
By bankable you mean, what? Able to open a picture, or just recognisable? Plus, what type of movie is it -- what is the audience you are trying to attract -- all these things are important to the casting.

That said, what about Shia LaBeouf? For a while last year, the Studios were all over him - he got raves and a lot of notice from Holes, and is in I, Robot and Constantine - though how big the parts are, I've no idea. In Constantine he's listed third in credits -- in I,Robot, he's a robot I think.

He won't 'open' a picture -- but what teenager can? If the Olsen twins couldn't.......

Regardless, he's someone the studios loved not long ago and worth a look.:D

Hairy Lime
05-21-2004, 12:58 PM
How about Victor Rasuk from Raising Victor Vargas? He's 20 now, but looks young.

Or you could try Patrick Fugit. He was great in Almost Famous and just appeared as a high schooler again in Saved.

April Hamilton
05-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Frankie Muniz?

victorian
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
What about the Culkin brothers. I think two of them are still teenagers or Emile Hirsch from The Emperor's Club. Just recently he was in The Girl Next Door.

cromagnon
05-21-2004, 06:30 PM
If you have any money available to you you should look into hiring a casting director, specially with actors in that category.