PDA

View Full Version : Speed Challenge?

warrenP
09-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Anyone up for a speed writing challenge? I've done a few of these in the past, and they can be pretty fun.

I'd post a topic/requirements at say noon on some day and all entries have to be in by 9 PM that night (all times CST). I'm rarely here on weekends, so it would be a weekday, and it seems that most folks come here once each day, so that should work out. Of course, the schedule doesn't work for all, everyone knows that going in.

If I get a few folks interested, I'll throw up the challenge, say one week from today, Wed the 13th.

ihavebiglips
09-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Anyone up for a speed writing challenge? I've done a few of these in the past, and they can be pretty fun.

I'd post a topic/requirements at say noon on some day and all entries have to be in by 9 PM that night (all times CST). I'm rarely here on weekends, so it would be a weekday, and it seems that most folks come here once each day, so that should work out. Of course, the schedule doesn't work for all, everyone knows that going in.

If I get a few folks interested, I'll throw up the challenge, say one week from today, Wed the 13th.

Bring it. At least it'd get my lazy ass writing again...

Hairy Lime
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Is this a short or a feature?

Either way I'm not in.

warrenP
09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Is this a short or a feature?

Either way I'm not in.

Well, if you could write a feature in a few hours, then more power to you!

So far, Biglips has pretty overwhelming odds. :)

theblondewritr
09-08-2006, 09:22 PM
WarrenP, let'er rip!

Might I add that 'the key' is not to adjust your schedule to others.

Uh, Just Do It! (Like Nancy Regan) :o

ihavebiglips
09-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Awww snap... now I'm in trouble.

BetterThanNormal
09-10-2006, 12:34 AM
If I could make a suggestion for everyones benefit, particularly those on wierd schedules like myself. Since each post shows the date and time it was posted perhaps each person could enter at their convenience by placing a post that reads "ENTERING CONTEST--START" and then have whatever length of time has been decided upon from the time of that post to finish and enter their script.