PDA

View Full Version : What's a Producers Film Catalogue?

sstaubin
11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I have two scripts that have been read by an independent producer. He has requested that I allow him to add them to his Film Catalogue. He's asking for me to call him to clarify.

Before I do that, can someone give me a heads-up as to what this might be about?

Thanks.

Brian.

sstaubin
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Looks like it a number of scripts that the producer is going to investors with. He's trying to secure financing to produce the catagloge of films as a whole.

Is this a common practice?

sevoo
11-09-2006, 03:09 AM
not shure, but if u found some other buyer, he can request for a precentage after?

Joaneasley
11-09-2006, 08:09 AM
I went to a lecture by the a representative of the American Film Market, and he explained that's what they do there -- look for producers with scripts they like enough to put in their catalog, and look for financing and distribution for the films on their list.

Buyers and sellers from around the world come together, some looking for financing for films, some ready to pay for films to show in their country's theaters. By making distribution deals with the various international territories, they raise financing to make the movies.