PDA

View Full Version : Curb Entertainment

Jabbermonkey
12-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know anything about them or had dealings with them? Are they legit?

www.curbentertainment.com

Cole Blackburn
12-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Family Tree (1999)
Kill Me Later (2001)
Mexico City (2001)
Out of Line (2001)
Oxygen (1999)
Pipe Dream (2002)
Pressure (2002/I)
Wedding Bell Blues (1996)
Zoe (2001)

Cole

Jabbermonkey
12-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks. Their credits are listed on the website in my question. Problem is I haven't heard of any of these titles. I guess what I'm wondering is, if lightening struck and they wanted to buy my script, could this company get the film in many theaters or would it be straight to video? I realize it depends on the film - it's a horror - and a thousand other variables, but let's just say it was theater-worthy. Could they get it out there?

filmcarver
12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Their track record tells you all you need to know, doesn't it?

OXYGEN continues to get frequent cable runs. Decent MOW thriller.

MOW, Lifetime, cable movies are a better pathway than no produced works at all, so it's a matter of perspective.

It would seem logical to query the company with your project and see if there is even any interest. The rest certainly would be addressed from there.

Cole Blackburn
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Filmcarver hit it right on the nose.
You can't really plan feature vs cable vs dtv.
If they put Mel Gibson in your horror film, it
would go feature, if they put Filmcarver, it
would go direct to video. Or direct to Beta.
It wouldn't make sense for a prodco with
a potentially big feature not to try to go the
feature route and get feature attachments.
Cole

wcmartell
12-15-2004, 03:30 AM
I've met with them, and WEDDING BELLE BLUES was a theatrical (that's where I saw it).

Like Cole said - if a big star signs, it goes to theaters. Most of Curb's stuff is *designed* as cable flicks (they may have deals with Lifetime and other cablenets like HBO). Why? Because stars are busy and danged expensive. You can wait around for stars or you can actually make movies.

You can wait around for Paramount to buy your script, or you can go with Curb (I'm assuming you're asking because they're interested). Your choice.

- Bill