PDA

View Full Version : Audio Tape?

Thom Yorke
11-03-2004, 08:52 AM
A prod co. likes my script, and has left me a message to now send in an audio tape? I'm assuming it's a table read?

Anyone heard of this? I'll call back for clarification, but just wanna know if anyone's been asked to submit an audio tape before.

Regards,
Thom

jimjimgrande
11-03-2004, 06:54 PM
they were drunk dialing

Thom Yorke
11-04-2004, 07:52 AM
How very informative. Thank you.

jimjimgrande
11-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I figured somebody else would jump in with a real answer.

I have never heard of this, except for perhaps when people submit music with musicals or because original music is performed within the script.

A few months ago, as a joke, I told a few people I would be starting a "Specs on Tape" business which would be like books on tape except they would be spec scripts. Since agents and executive don't like to read, I figure they can listen to specs on tape while driving to work or on their way to lunch. Maybe somebody took me seriously and word has spread, or more likely, my idea has been stolen. The bastards!

OkeyDokey
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
I have never heard of this. Maybe someone else can chime in, but sounds pretty off the wall to me.

And jimjim - LOL at "Specs on Tape"!

MacG
11-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Actually, that Specs on Tape idea ain't so far fetched.... I can't remember for the life of me where I read about it, but I know there was a company (probably long-gone by now) that for, like, a few hundred bucks, would put your script onto CD. Same principle, too: agents hate to read, but they probably wouldn't mind listening, right?

They'd hire actors to read the different characters, would have a "narrator" to do the action, and even had an option of adding in sound effects.