PDA

View Full Version : Request for script...

WritePro
10-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Recieved one this morning from Silver Screen Placements in Downers Grove, IL.
Does anyone know of this company? I sent out a query(s) (a lot) about a month ago and am just now getting answers on some. I actually do not remember this one, so I'd like to know if any of you have dealt with or heard of them, please?

They sent a release and everything, which looks on the up and up.

thanx for any info.

Bobby

Hairy Lime
10-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Downers Grove is a nice town.

AvenueD
10-28-2004, 11:20 AM
I love to shop in downtown Downer's Grove...

DUCPHO
10-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Unless you've made inadvertent contact with a real free "Hollywood" bird... one that is powerful enough to conduct the hectic life of an agent or producer from Downer's Grove, Il.

I'm afraid it's gonn'a be a "Downer" for you!:eek

WritePro
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
This is what I found searching;www.publication.com/aylad/agents2.htm (http://www.publication.com/aylad/agents2.htm)

Silver Screen Placements
602 65th Street
Downers Grove, IL 60516-3020

That's funny! that's the same thought I had when I saw the location. :lol

mucky
10-28-2004, 05:18 PM
I live not too far from the aptly named Downers Grove. The closest thing the town has to Hollywood sucess is a Blockbuster Video.

And from what I know, Silver Screen Placements deals with finding extras for films being shot locally.

mucky
10-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Me again
I just found this on-line and think it might be helpful for you.
p197.ezboard.com/fabsolut...D=70.topic (http://p197.ezboard.com/fabsolutewritefrm11.showMessage?topicID=70.topic)

Take care

Otis
10-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm conflicted. I don't want anyone to be ripped off but I would like to see the shenanigans that follows after Bobby submits to this place.

I'm not sure who would be getting the worse end of the deal (only because you're a handful Bobby, not due to your writing).

WritePro
10-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the information. I know enough now to NOT send this person anything.

To you Otis, yes I am, but how would you know?

You only know WritePro. Bobby Fleeks knows business and how to deal and conduct himself like a professional at all time...

and some people actually like me!

added- oh, but I guess you know, if this guy hadda ripped off Bobby, there would have been hell to pay!

DUCPHO
10-29-2004, 09:02 AM
:rollin

Carlton Redford
10-29-2004, 11:11 AM
In his angry refutation of the many negative comments about services, Mr. Levin repeatedly refers to the "slander" contained in written remarks on the web and elsewhere.

In my opinion, this alone could make you wonder about his ability to properly represent writers.

Any professional remotely connected with the writing, representing, producing or publishing of written material knows that perceived defamation expressed in written form might legally rise to the level of *libel* not slander. Any literary professional knows that *slander* refers to defamation expressed through the *spoken* word. Those that don't, keep lawyers busy.

Examples abound: on Google, just enter (using the quote
marks) "libel""internet""lawsuit" together, and you'll see the hundreds of costly libel judgments resulting from proven libelous remarks and defamatory and/or malicious campaigns waged and published using the Internet.

KilgoreTrout2
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Woah.. That name is a blast from the past for me. I got the same scam offer from him in 2002. Do NOT do it!

I was very interesting to read the other message board, and see that Levin has done the exact same thing he did to me more than a few times.. EVERY SCRIPT HE RECEIVES CAN NOT POSSIBLY NEED EDITING SERVICES. Buy hey, if he tricks someone into it, thats a fast $4k.

I was in college in Chicago, so he was the first person I queried. He called me... He is older, and told me that he worked product placement for 20 years and made all his contracts and "only buys one script a year"

He said he loved my script, but needed me to pay his editors to edit it. I asked if I could see his notes about my script. He said no. I asked if I could edit it myself or use my own editors. He told me maybe but then he wouldn't neccessarliy sign it afterwards.

I also told him that he could edit it and then take the $4k out of the sale if he ever actually sold it. Then he got very angry with me and told me to forget the whole deal and that I was wasting a good opportunity.

I quickly made a phone call to the best screenwriting teachers at my college who told me NEVER to pay anyone to do anything like that.

Forget him. That's all I have to say. He's obviously been up to this trick for years

KilgoreTrout2
11-02-2004, 07:13 PM
I should also include that I asked Levin if I could contact another client of his, and he failed to provide me with any names, emails or phone #s