PDA

View Full Version : Olivier Martinez and Jennifer Love Hewitt

LoganSF1
08-29-2004, 10:43 PM
They are reading one of our action/thriller scripts, possibly for the lead roles. Good combination? Bad? Any thoughts?

peasblossom
08-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Good job getting the script to them! Olivier Martinez (from Unfaithful) is great, much better than many realize at acting, since he's kind of a hunk as well. Jennifer's good at comedy - is she trying to branch out here?

-Sandy

MacG
08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Jennifer's good at comedy - is she trying to branch out here?

When my manager spoke with her prod. co. a while back, they specifically said they were looking for thrillers n' stuff.

LoganSF1
08-30-2004, 02:39 PM
According to the producer who is pushing our script, she is.

LaughingGas
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
I had the pleasure of sharing tea-time with Jennifer a few years back while discussing a project. She is charming, beautiful and good with story; caring not just about her part but the general spectrum of the tale.

I think Hollywood is dismissing her way too soon.

Hope it works out for you and her.

sidneyfalco
09-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't know if they are right for the part having not read the script. However, having either actor attached probably won't get your movie financed, or sell your script unless you are pursuing foreign financing where Martinez might add to your bankability among foreign sales agents. But he would have to be alonside other foreign bankable actors unless you found a company in france to finance the whole picture (Canal Plus for instance).

In any case, as far as Hollywood is concerned, having these actors attached may delay having your script selling (and no agent will want to go out with them as "attachments").

Beware if either actor's manager says they want to package it as a producer - you will be shooting yourself in the foot as these managers try to wear the producing hat and stymie the agent. Or these actor managers may submit to studios/companies who will pass (and then you'll have bad coverage). Studios will always want some OTHER actor in the role then the one you have in mind or could get. Always ask who the studio who THEY want and then go get them, not the other way around.

Unless some actor is a big star with a 1st look deal, or someone "hot" who everyone is chasing, and every studio wants them, there is no advantage to having a B-list actor attached.

The exception again would be for foreign sales purposes, or if you have those actors attached with a director and you are a producer with a track record... which I am assuming is not the case. Or the other exception would be if the actor brings independent financing with their being cast in the role as a contingent, i.e. Jerry the Tie Salesman is hot for Jennifer Love Hewitt and will finance any script she's in so he can have a crack at dating her.

Just my experience...

LoganSF1
09-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the input. The script was also sent out to Plan B - Brad P./Jennifer A. and a few others. We are keeping our options open.

Scribble
09-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Olivier Martinez? Good in Unfaithful, but after SWAT, he'll forever be the guy who says "One Hundred Meelion Dollars!" with that ridiculous French accent.