PDA

View Full Version : Focus Films...

taurbabe
07-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Can anyone tell me about the production company called Focus Films?... are they a part of Universal Pictures? I found a webpage where their name is also called Focus Features. Does anyone know about the credibility of this company?

captain bligh
07-02-2004, 01:08 PM
yes.

elephant1978
07-02-2004, 01:27 PM
They're on the Universal Lot and they're generally viewed as Universal's indie division. I don't know if that's official or not--in terms of ownership. But you should treat them more like a studio like Fine Line instead of a production company.

Ele...

taurbabe
07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Actually it's called Focus Films Entertainment and it is a DVD distribution company. Does anyone know about this company or how to find information on them?

I've looked on the IMDB and it only shows two titles that they've done, yet I've been told that they are supposed to be a big name.

Gaijin Samurai
07-02-2004, 01:29 PM
taur, have you even gone to their website?

Scriptman
07-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Actually it's called Focus Films Entertainment and it is a DVD distribution company.

To avoid any further confusion, Focus Features is not a DVD distribution company. Like Ele said, they are viewed as a specialty division of Universal Pictures, producing such hits as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost In Translation and Far From Heaven.

If there's another production company out there called Focus Films that distributes DVDs, then that's another story. :\

taurbabe
07-03-2004, 03:57 AM
I found out that Focus Films Entertainment is a distribution company here in New Mexico. :D