PDA

View Full Version : A load of BS

MorganTS
06-16-2004, 07:01 PM
I found this on hollywoodlitsales.com:

5/18/04
Buyer Name: Michael G. Currie
Company: Rushlight Entertainment Inc.
Credits: Acrobats & Maniacs (Found on IMDB)
Is there money upfront? Possibly
Contact Info:
Contact Person: Owen Kelly - Co-Chair
Years In Business: 6
Email: rushlight@sympatico.ca
Writer Wanted:
Screenplay Wanted: A Film Production, Finance and Distribution company is looking for Co-productions. We provide 50% of the financing in USD and we will look at budget's over 3 million. Talent does not have to be attached. Send logline only within the e-mail. Max 80 words. No attachments. Do not send unless you have 50% of the financing in writing.

For some reason, they always think that writers are rich. >D

Cole Blackburn
06-17-2004, 08:17 AM
What is so laughable is if someone has the first 50% of the production funds, they can get the 2nd half of the funds from dozens of sources with little or no effort. What these jokers are offering is to eat half of the pie that you baked without helping bake it. And, they're acting like they're doing people a favor. Pathetic. May the flies from a thousand camels nest in their soggy Depends.
Cole

zz9
06-17-2004, 11:58 AM
rushlight@sympatico.ca
Sorry, but this is my pet peeve, and a sign of a loser. A 'company' giving out a generic e-mail address. Anyone with any serious business would have a 'rushlight.com' domain name and then have 'somethingorother@rushlight.com' as a contact.

It's the cyber version of someone running a business out of a phone booth in a coffee shop.

Ivylilly
06-18-2004, 03:35 PM
The offer is definitely a load of BS. As for generic emails, it is common for prodcos of all kinds to use them when they are hiring or accepting new material. You have no idea how many job applications/queries come in. No one wants them to flood their regualr inbox.

zz9
06-18-2004, 04:51 PM
If lots of big studios use them then I stand corrected. However, it would be just as easy to create a "something@bigstudio.com" and change it to "somethingelse@bigstudio.com" when it gets spammed.

incrediculous
06-23-2004, 05:59 AM
It takes about 3 seconds to make a new email addy on your domain - or a quick call to your companies IT department.

There's no excuse for using a free email service.

Ivylilly
06-24-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm not talking about studios. I'm talking production companies. Swamped. Smaller office. An assistant in charge of submissions who has no clue... So it is much easier to go to yahoo. It doesn't mean it's a scam...

toto1958
06-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Pay us to make money for you. uh, yea, right