PDA

View Full Version : La Unica Pictures...?

DUCPHO
05-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Has anyone dealt with them? Does anyone know what talent is connected to this Production Firm?

Thanks for any help.

jimjimgrande
05-29-2004, 05:01 PM
they had a post up on craiglist looking for scripts featuring women or latinos. I sent them a synopsis and got a very polite pass, but the email was anonymous.

they seem to be muy misterioso.

Cole Blackburn
06-07-2004, 08:57 AM
I saw the request on Craiglist.
After some digging, I found that La Unica is a handbag
sold in a shop at the same addy listed on the request.
Digging further, I found the handbags are designed by
Cari Shayne who is listed as a designer/ACTRESS.
She has lots of credits on IMDB.
Check them out.
That they sent a polite no thank you says a lot about
them.
For your info.
Cole

DUCPHO
06-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks Cole. Did some more checking , including IMDB , as you suggested. Your right, she has done "substantial" television work in both soaps and series. Did a couple of television movies as well.

They did request a script of mine, at least I know it went to someone whose real, man, today you "just don't know" unless you really do your homework, there are so many indies around, not that that's a bad thing, you just have to tread carefully!

LoganSF1
06-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Cari has one of our scripts. She said it would be about 2-3 months before they read through all of the scripts and decided which ones to pursue. Appears to be very nice.

CT in ATL
06-16-2004, 06:22 PM
It's a visual "trick" but everytime I see this thread title, at a glance, I think I'm seeing "Unca Leo." 8o

DJKUMA
06-17-2004, 10:18 AM
We had a nice request from Ms Shayne this morning. Lots of credits. The movie "handbags made?" - I wouldn't mind.

Hairy Lime
06-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Interesting. I just got a request as well.