PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Logline Contest part 1

Ben
05-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi folks, I decided to have a unique logline contest.
I will give the winner free feedback on the first 10 pages of their script.
And also fill out a free grid sheet for them.

Rules --

You must incorporate at least 4 or more or all of the following into a slick logline --

Loan Shark
Studio 54
E. Coli infested water filtration plant
Heavy weight Boxer
His alcoholic beautiful wife
Albino Aligator -- excaped from the Bronx Zoo
New York City - 1977 - Power Black Out
Disco Music Mania
Wood Allen's Clarinet
Good luck.
Deadline -- end of the month

Sincerely,
Benjamin Ray
www.hollywoodtoronto.com (http://www.hollywoodtoronto.com)

Harbinger
05-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I suspect this will be here for around an hour before it's moved to writing exercises.

lucidimage
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Are you f*in kidding?

Calm down Cramer. If you don't want to be a part of it, ignore it.

Population17
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Calm down Cramer. If you don't want to be a part of it, ignore it.

For real....

Ben
05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
When this contest is over, I don't think Woody's gonna want his clarinet back. Considering where some of us might want to stick it.
If you're not interested in the contest.
Just ignore it dude.

spacefarer
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

When Ben posts something he feels passionate about, many people on this message board come out with their filthy fingers pointing ahead, making fun of him.

Do you think that you are fvcking smart? Because I don't think you are.

If you don't like what this man has to say, just ignore his posts and move onto the next thread/post for fvck's sake.

Do you feel important by degrading him?

You are just embarrassing yourselves. Fvcking kindergarten.

Population17
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

When Ben posts something he feels passionate about, many people on this message board come out with their filthy fingers pointing ahead, making fun of him.

I don't get it either.

It's almost every time he posts something! Oh well....

You 'da man Ben...

brad

Ben
05-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey thanks for the support.

I am serious about this contest.

And the winner will get a free feedback/notes on the first 10 pages of one of their screenplay. Also I will fill out one page grid score sheet on the first 10 pages.

Hey I have good reference on giving free feedback and notes. I'm more than happy to provide them to you.

And check out my webpage to see I'm serious about writing.

And just recently got one of my short script made/directed by Resolve Films and submitted to THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL.
Here's the link -- ( it's called 'BRING ON THE PAIN')
http://www.resolvefilms.com/index.php

So looking forward to the most creative logline.

Gillyflower Cooms
05-10-2009, 01:34 PM
It's only a matter of time until Ben starts his script consultation business. :cool:

Ben
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Gilly,
You are wrong.

I'm not interested in script consulting.

Not in this lifetime.

Cheers,

IndieMe
05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
I don't really know any of you since I tend to visit just this board, but I have never seen any hostilities here before. :|

I might take part in this. My only problem is that there's only one thing I'm worse at than comedy writing and that's writing loglines. :D

zenplato
05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Welcome to a Ben post, Indie.

Ben, keep your chin up as always.

OkayWrite
05-10-2009, 03:14 PM
4 how about all those bad boys. can't touch this, so don't even bother...

After a Loan Shark working out of what used to be called Studio 54drinks water from an E. Coli infested water filtration planthe visits his Heavy weight Boxer brother and his His alcoholic beautiful wife only to find them living with a Albino Aligator which excaped from the Bronx Zoo during the New York City - 1977 - Power Black Out during the Disco Music Mania which was fueled by Wood Allen's Clarinet.

zenplato
05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
A heavy weight boxer and his beautiful alcoholic wife have a threesome with a loan shark and discover Woody Allen's clarinet.

What's my prize?

spacefarer
05-10-2009, 03:42 PM
A heavy weight boxer and his beautiful alcoholic wife have a threesome with a loan shark and discover Woody Allen's clarinet.

What's my prize?

:rolleyes:

I am gonna build on Zenplato's suggestion:

During the New York City's blackout in 1977, a heavy weight boxer and his beautiful alcoholic wife, that were having fun in a Studio54 hosted Disco Music Mania night, have a threesome with a loan shark in an E. Coli infested water filtration plant and discover Woody Allen's long lost clarinet in the belly of an Albino Aligator.

How's that?

Happy to share the prize with Zenplato ;)

zenplato
05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Happy to share the prize with Zenplato ;)

Actually, you win.

spacefarer
05-10-2009, 04:03 PM
RGF: There were others before you and there will be more in the future, that's for sure. So my post wasn't targeting you per se. Every time Ben posts something, there are several posts that make fun of him.

And I am just getting pissed off at a situation of a few "brights" that seem to be having fun by having a go at Ben.

I do not find it witty, funny, classy or any other -y you could possibly imagine.

And it is easy to say that I lost my cool in the aftermath. Just contemplate what you wrote a few lines above and what your reply was.

Based on your rationale, society should be treating all the unlucky/unfortunate individuals suffering from Down syndrome as a laughing stock just because they are not able - without having any intention to imply that Ben suffers from such a syndrome.

Spend some time thinking about it before you hit this "submit reply" button. Filling in the blanks is not that difficult. :|

Anagram
05-10-2009, 11:42 PM
RGF you're saying you didn't see the inherently subversive anti-heroic basic awesomeness of "frogs falling horizontally from the sky?"

For shame.

RGF
05-11-2009, 05:05 AM
RGF you're saying you didn't see the inherently subversive anti-heroic basic awesomeness of "frogs falling horizontally from the sky?"

For shame.

Ha ha. I did. I think I blocked it from memory,,,,,,,,,

Jcorona
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
What up, Big Ben?!!!!

Corona :)

Ben
05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey Jcorona,

I'm getting some interesting feedback on his logline contest.

Mainly -- it's great idea for a unique pulpy-urban "twisted" graphic novel-like screenplay.

Post your logline.

Hopefully, this will inspire some writers around the world to write the script and market it to a producer.

The deadline is the end of the month.

Cheers,

Telly
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Ben, I've been watching your posts for months. And I've told you before, I always find them entertaining. I don't think you're a mean guy. And you do have a genuine enthusiasm for movies, obviously. However, a substantial amount of the time you post useless information, and make incoherent posts raving about mediocre films you haven't even seen. In fact, some of your posts have been insulting as they are obviously catered to creating amusement for yourself at the expense of other posters who take you seriously. I've read your writing samples on other threads. I won't speak for other DD'rs, but based on what I see, I doubt your ability to write a meaningful post, to write good scripts, and to judge quality work.

I agree with this and I'll add that Ben's "army" needs to chill out with the, "if you don't like it, move on" garbage. Here's the thing, posting a contest with "prizes" implies you know what you are doing. Ben does not, this is not debatable nor an opinion. I've read his writing and his countless spam posts on these boards and he's the last guy a new member should be wasting their time on. I'll say it again, new writers that walk in here looking for constructive means to improve their craft have to sift through crap like this to find the real writers here that contribute and spend a ton of time helping others. So no, I will not "move on". This guy hurts the forums and the intention of real members that want to help.

Can you imagine a new writer coming in here, winning this "contest" and taking Ben's feedback seriously? Then changing his script based on those notes? "Feedback" from Ben on your screenplay will hurt your work. Get mad at me all you want, I might have just saved a new writer's script.

Ben
05-11-2009, 10:20 AM
And I tested this contest at a local comic book store.
They liked it.
Sound like a fun and promising premise, they said.

Telly
05-11-2009, 10:21 AM
And I tested this contest at a local comic book store.
They liked it.
Sound like fun premise, they said.

I mean, seriously.

Ben
05-11-2009, 10:23 AM
So folks the deadline is the end of this month.

On May 31th, the winner will be announced.

So folks post your loglines.

Have fun, go crazy.

sarajb
05-11-2009, 11:03 AM
A random user posted a free logline contest with a nominal prize in the exercises section of a message board. No one needs to be protected from this.

Telly
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
A random user posted a free logline contest with a nominal prize in the exercises section of a message board. No one needs to be protected from this.

Not trying to protect anyone, just making a rational observation. And to call Ben random is like calling Bush passive. The dude is everywhere.

sarajb
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Your vehement observations are everywhere, too.

Telly
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Your vehement observations are everywhere, too.

We all have hobbies, this one is mine :D

sarajb
05-11-2009, 11:18 AM
lol, well, I support the right for both of you to carry on and on, then.

Telly
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
lol, well, I support the right for both of you to carry on and on, then.

Ben completes me.

lucidimage
05-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Ben completes me.

Yin and Yang.

"...which constantly interact, never existing in absolute stasis."

umo
05-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Why does everyone pick on Ben?

umo :)

article92
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Cause he's Canadian.

Ben
05-11-2009, 01:04 PM
LOL.

Thank you James Cameron and Crash (both directors of Crash).

Cheers,
Benjamin Ray

Population17
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
LOL.

Thank you James Cameron and Crash (both directors of Crash).

Cheers,
Benjamin Ray

:rolling:

This thread has turned into a spectator event.

Oh, if only JCorona would throw his 2 cents in we'd be on fire!

brad

Ben
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
"This thread has turned into a spectator event.

Oh, if only JCorona would throw his 2 cents in we'd be on fire!

brad"

__________________________________________________ _______

I did not want this to turn into an event.

An event?

Hey Population17 post your logline...
you could win...

And could you edit your quoted part, I made an update.

cheers,

umo
05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
A wannabe Canadian screenwriter struggles to initiate a world class logline contest... but antagonistic forces, propelled by invisible faces on a screenwriting forum, shred his dreams into confetti...

Until, he reveals his true identity--Master of the Universe (via Canada).

Did I win? Where do I pick up my new toaster?

Telly
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Here it is, my relationship with Ben in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw

Shari Hari
05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
On a side note:

No one mixes dancin' and brawlin' on the page like my Benny. No one.

He knows DANCIN' is red hot right now. Scalding. And then Benny throws a little knuckle-kocking in the mix. Brilliant BRAWLING mixed with the hoofing. Oh my. My ocular orbitals be buggin'.

Benny--what's up with your latest Dance/Fight extravaganza? Any heat? Any movement? Wazzup my bro?

Ben
05-11-2009, 01:37 PM
A wannabe Canadian screenwriter struggles to initiate a world class logline contest... but antagonistic forces, propelled by invisible faces on a screenwriting forum, shred his dreams into confetti...

Until, he reveals his true identity--Master of the Universe (via Canada).

Did I win? Where do I pick up my new toaster?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not bad, but you have to use the items from the first post.
Actually I like this logline. A tad too unique for this exercise.

It's slick
and well written.

Cheers,

MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE(VIA CANADA)...cool!!!

Thanks,

article92
05-11-2009, 01:40 PM
On a side note, funny shirt that deals with Bob.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/08/cool-stuff-being-bill-murray-t-shirt/

lucidimage
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Here it is, my relationship with Ben in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw

TELLY: "GET OUT!"

BEN: "No, no we won't get out!"

umo
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Not bad, but you have to use the items from the first post.
Actually I like this logline. A tad too unique for this exercise.

It's slick
and well written.

Cheers,

MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE(VIA CANADA)...cool!!!

Thanks,

Where's my toaster, Ben? You promised me a Canadian toaster if I referred to you as Master of the Universe, remember?

Ben
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
hey Umo, question

:rolleyes: , okay, but would the internet toaster have "pop-ups"?

RGF
05-11-2009, 02:06 PM
You promised me a Canadian toaster if I referred to you as Master of the Universe, remember?

I'm Canadian too. The problem with our toasters...which you are probably unaware of...is that they only toast one side. Our toast, our attitudes, and our national identity are half-crusty (to deal with winter) and half soft and pale (to cushion the rejection and insecurity from the rest of the world). Kind of like being set on perpetual bagel setting. Which is good if you're a bagel...but not if you're a screenwriter.

Ben
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
On a side note:

No one mixes dancin' and brawlin' on the page like my Benny. No one.

He knows DANCIN' is red hot right now. Scalding. And then Benny throws a little knuckle-kocking in the mix. Brilliant BRAWLING mixed with the hoofing. Oh my. My ocular orbitals be buggin'.

Benny--what's up with your latest Dance/Fight extravaganza? Any heat? Any movement? Wazzup my bro?

Hey Shari Hari,

Both
"Marcus and Faith",
'Dance Desire Violence" got some bites at Inktip.
And we're trying to get some Canadian funding, you know --Canada's film tax credits.
Just currently focusing on short scripts and getting them made.
Did you see my short script I wrote 'BRING ON THE PAIN' -- it's about a BOXER AND HIS FATHER..
Got made --
http://www.resolvefilms.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=69
And the graphic novel version of "Marcus and Faith", called 'PAINKILLER' is something
we might put all our money in.

Yes all my scripts consist of some form of fighting/dancing...

I'll send/post some samples in the near future...

Cheers Shari Hari and post your logline to this contest...

Shari Hari
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
all my scripts consist of some form of fighting/dancing

Testify, my brutha. Nothing else matters!

Jcorona
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
What's up, Pop? :)

Big Ben is my friend.

Corona :D

Population17
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
What's up, Pop? :)

Big Ben is my friend.

Same here. :)

His energy inspres me sometimes! :D

I just thought you'd get a kick out of this. :p

Ben, I'm working on that log, buddy.....

brad

umo
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm Canadian too. The problem with our toasters...which you are probably unaware of...is that they only toast one side. Our toast, our attitudes, and our national identity are half-crusty (to deal with winter) and half soft and pale (to cushion the rejection and insecurity from the rest of the world). Kind of like being set on perpetual bagel setting. Which is good if you're a bagel...but not if you're a screenwriter.

I should've listened to Telly--he warned me about Canadian toasters. :(

umo :confused:

Ben
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks Brad,
Looking forward to your post.

Cheers,
Benjamin Ray

Fortean
05-12-2009, 03:19 AM
When former heavy-weight boxer and honorary OPP constable Code7 stops a low-rider cruising three-kilometers-per-hour above the 40-kilometer-per-hour speed limit, near Walkerton’s water filtration plant, for a shakedown, he discovers the hoodlums suspected of stealing Woody Allen’s clarinet during the 1977 New York City power blackout: getaway driver JCorona, (wearing his "Disco Music Mania" cap), shotgun Telly, (wearing his "Studio 54" sunglasses), lookout Zenplato, (wearing his “Loan Shark” t-shirt), along with his beautiful wife Umo, who is guzzling a bottle of “Albino Alligator” Tequila. If he lets these escapees from the Bronx Zoo off with a mere warning, his wife may only sober up when she becomes an overworked spellchecker at Done Deal, (forever correcting Benjamin “Master of the Universe” Ray’s posts), and giving up her successful lap-dancing career; but, if he arrests them for having an open liquor bottle in their vehicle, a search of the trunk may reveal that Woody Allen’s clarinet was refashioned into a Canadian toaster. As he reaches for his holster, Code7 says to himself: “With stakes like these, who really gives a toot?”

Ben
05-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Hey Fortean,

Long(in a good way) but very impressive and tres entertaining..,

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

umo
05-12-2009, 07:08 AM
When former heavy-weight boxer and honorary OPP constable Code7 stops a low-rider cruising three-kilometers-per-hour above the 40-kilometer-per-hour speed limit, near Walkerton’s water filtration plant, for a shakedown, he discovers the hoodlums suspected of stealing Woody Allen’s clarinet during the 1977 New York City power blackout: getaway driver JCorona, (wearing his "Disco Music Mania" cap), shotgun Telly, (wearing his "Studio 54" sunglasses), lookout Zenplato, (wearing his “Loan Shark” t-shirt), along with his beautiful wife Umo, who is guzzling a bottle of “Albino Alligator” Tequila. If he lets these escapees from the Bronx Zoo off with a mere warning, his wife may only sober up when she becomes an overworked spellchecker at Done Deal, (forever correcting Benjamin “Master of the Universe” Ray’s posts), and giving up her successful lap-dancing career; but, if he arrests them for having an open liquor bottle in their vehicle, a search of the trunk may reveal that Woody Allen’s clarinet was refashioned into a Canadian toaster. As he reaches for his holster, Code7 says to himself: “With stakes like these, who really gives a toot?”

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

cyberian exile
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
All the people defending Ben are really puzzling to me. I mean, if he showed even the tiniest hint of awareness I might feel bad for him. But, no matter how many people tell him he's clogging up the board with nonsense, he just blithely (even defiantly) continues to do it.

But no, bash Telly instead...someone who actually has talent and industry knowledge and constructive advice to share.

It seems the vast majority of this board only wants to hear that they're all special snowflakes, all equally special, and gosh darn it Hollywood owes all of 'em a career just 'cause they want it soooo bad and stuff. But isn't that sort of mutually congratulatory drivel what the Moviebytes boards are for?

winter dreams
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I have no idea what a grid sheet is but I do know this: I want one.

sarajb
05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
All the people defending Ben are really puzzling to me. I mean, if he showed even the tiniest hint of awareness I might feel bad for him. But, no matter how many people tell him he's clogging up the board with nonsense, he just blithely (even defiantly) continues to do it.

But no, bash Telly instead...someone who actually has talent and industry knowledge and constructive advice to share.

It seems the vast majority of this board only wants to hear that they're all special snowflakes, all equally special, and gosh darn it Hollywood owes all of 'em a career just 'cause they want it soooo bad and stuff. But isn't that sort of mutually congratulatory drivel what the Moviebytes boards are for?
Equally puzzling are the ones so incensed by Ben (with the exception of telly, who is Ben's other half). However his original posts are received, by peers or by great ones, some form of useful discussion often follows.

Also, this board would be a pretty sad place, if it were policy to abuse those of us who tend to post a lot of nonsense. I know I'd be keelhauled.

People are terribly delicate to be so easily thrown.

Telly
05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
...if it were policy to abuse those of us who tend to post a lot of nonsense.

This would be my ultimate DD fantasy.

sarajb
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Nonsense!

Telly
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Nonsense!

Retribution!

sarajb
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Attica! Attica!

Telly
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Attica! Attica!

Your avatar looks like a robot vagina. :D

umo
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Also, this board would be a pretty sad place, if it were policy to abuse those of us who tend to post a lot of nonsense. I know I'd be keelhauled.

People are terribly delicate to be so easily thrown.

I only post intelligent, thought provoking, nonsense...

I'm riding shotgun on the keelhaul, sara! :bounce:

Wait, I'd better find out what keehaul means...can I take a limo instead?

umo ;)

umo
05-12-2009, 04:05 PM

Oh, crap! Now I can't look at sara's avatar anymore. :(

sarajb
05-12-2009, 04:07 PM

You're close. It's the judge from Pink's trial.

Oh, crap! Now I can't look at sara's avatar anymore.
Probably thinking twice about riding shotgun, too, eh? lol.

umo
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Perhaps I should ride in the back seat of the keelhaul...whatever that is.
No offense, sara baby...

Can I interest you in another avatar...perhaps a Gucci, Prada, Manolo...

umo :o

sarajb
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Perhaps I should ride in the back seat of the keelhaul...whatever that is.
No offense, sara baby...

Can I interest you in another avatar...perhaps a Gucci, Prada, Manolo...

umo :o
None taken, dearest umo.

On another avatar...soon. I promise. ;) (maybe I shouldn't wink)

In any case, back to the contest! Apologies, Ben. I am the queen of nonsense.

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi folks, I decided to have a unique logline contest.
I will give the winner free feedback on the first 10 pages of their script.
And also fill out a free grid sheet for them.

Rules --

You must incorporate at least 4 or more or all of the following into a slick logline --

Loan Shark
Studio 54
E. Coli infested water filtration plant
Heavy weight Boxer
His alcoholic beautiful wife
Albino Aligator -- excaped from the Bronx Zoo
New York City - 1977 - Power Black Out
Disco Music Mania
Wood Allen's ClarinetGood luck.
Deadline -- end of the month

Sincerely,
Benjamin Ray

Whaaa...?

:shifty:

Ralphy W
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Also, this board would be a pretty sad place, if it were policy to abuse those of us who tend to post a lot of nonsense.

My nose gave birth. :)

Ben
05-12-2009, 07:35 PM
lol

Hey Ralphy if I was the Lead Creative
at SNL or MAD TV ...I would give you a chance in
the writing department..

Kampai,
Benjamin Ray

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm with you brother.

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Also, this board would be a pretty sad place, if it were policy to abuse those of us who tend to post a lot of nonsense.

And lifeless.

Big Ben BIG BEN BIG BEN!

You're growing by the second, BIG BEN!

umo
05-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Engorged Vulva would be a more accurate description.

EEEEW! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sara, please, please change your avatar! Please!

:weirdo:

umo :shifty:

Ben
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Got till the end of the month to post
your most wicked logline.

This contest has been a great ride folks.

Life is short.

Whatever you wish and desire to accomplish in your chase for Hollywood
stardom, I wish you all the best.

Just keep the crazy momentum going, folks.

Life is a big contest -- you know -- the wheel of fortune
starts with great logline and a great treatment.

Salud,
Benjamin Ray

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
This contest has been a great ride folks.

Life is a big contest -- you know -- the wheel of fortune
starts with great logline and a great treatment.

Salud,
Benjamin Ray

BIG BEN! BIG BEN! BIG BEN!

Ben
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Terence

Choc-tee,
Benjamin Ray,

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Terence,

Iechyd da, Iechyd da,
Benjamin Ray,

Did you just say "thanks" in Welsh?

:confused:

Err...okay.

Ben
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey Corona,

A votre sante and Fiddler on the Roof: "To life, to life, l'chai-im, l'chaim, l'chaim to life. ...
Benjamin Ray

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
And lifeless.

Big Ben BIG BEN BIG BEN!

You're growing by the second, BIG BEN!

Corona, you never fail to amuse.

umo
05-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Eeew? Really?

:bounce:

And yes, I am a weirdo. Good catch too. :love:

May I put a suggestion in the suggestion box, please? Can we have a "perv" sign in our smiley face inventory, please?

Thank you,

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Corona,

A votre sante and Fiddler on the Roof: "To life, to life, l'chai-im, l'chaim, l'chaim to life. ...
Benjamin Ray

Big Ben, that flew waaaaaay over my head, like up to space.

Are you like a genius? I've never met one before.

But if you are, it's a pleasure to finally meet one.

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Corona, you never fail to amuse.

I hope in a good way, Terrance, I really do, my brotha.

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
May I put a suggestion in the suggestion box, please? Can we have a "perv" sign in our smiley face inventory, please?

Thank you,

Considering this is one the most ridiculous threads in the history of DD - I find that oddly amusing.

Good idea though. Definitely worth exploring.

You PC'ers make me laugh. Really.

zenplato
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Jcorona, you're killing it. Freakin lmao.

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I hope in a good way, Terrance, I really do, my brotha.

Always in a good way, JC. You're one of my favorite posters.

:)

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Always in a good way, JC. You're one of my favorite posters.

Thank you, T.

Likewise.

I also love Ralphy, sara, umo, Pop, BIG BEN (mods, we're gonna need bigger font please, Ben is getting huge), and so many others who bring their different styles of posting here.

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Thank you, T.

Likewise.

I also love Ralphy, sara, umo, Pop, BIG BEN (mods, we're gonna need bigger font please, Ben is getting huge), and so many others who bring their different styles of posting here.

That post will make cinematic history. Deadly and dangerous. With Rising action. Have you read the screenplay?

Cheers!

;;;

Jcorona
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I love the red and the commas, T. But I think it's been done before, by a genius. So don't feel bad 'cause that makes you a genius.

Cheers!

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Why does everyone pick on Ben?

Read his post history and you'll see why.

And for the record - it's not just a few people here on DD that find him annoying. He's p!ssed off quite a few people over at 2A posting identical dribble.

asjah8
05-12-2009, 09:09 PM
(mods, we're gonna need bigger font please, Ben is getting huge)

A musical…

When a sudden power black-out leaves disco-manic New York City in shambles, an aging heavy-weight boxer takes a position as a loan shark at the infamous Studio 54, in order to locate his beautiful alcoholic wife on the run with a rare albino alligator from the Bronx Zoo.

sorry, ben was getting big enough.

hehe, cool font JC!

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I love the red and the commas, T. But I think it's been done before, by a genius. So don't feel bad 'cause that makes you a genius.

Cheers!

Fortean
05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I'll start to worry when Asjah8 shows up.

Ben, any bonus points for Canadian content?

Please note that my logline did mention the OPP, Walkerton and a Canadian toaster.

Someday, (I hate to think how soon that may be), the only real difference between Canuck and Yank screenwriters could be the Metric System. They will more readily learn to drive on the left-hand side of the road, like Brits, before they learn to use meters and grams in their screenplays.

Ben
05-13-2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks all for postng your logline to this contest. Some surprises. And others don't forget to post soon.

Fortean -- you know -- experts in Toronto on the ONTARIO FILM TAX CREDITS etc -- are rare and in demand...

Canadian contents -- I'll post soon on this.

I did so much research on this topic that I am about to fall out the window when the office walls starts spinning...

To be continued....

asjah8
05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
...will more readily learn to drive on the left-hand side of the road, like Brits...

we're supposed to drive on the right side? oopsy.

--well, at least now i know why that officer was swearing in several different languages. i didn't know a verb could be conjugated so many different ways--

The Road Warrior
05-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Washed up ex -heavyweight boxer, The "Fist of Wood" Allen, a.k.a. "Ironfist", has lost all his money after hastily investing in the Studio 54 Niteclub, jazz is out, it's 1977, disco music mania is in !

Now he's walking through blacked out NYC with clarinet and tacky mascot, the plastic albino alligator named Micky White Eyes, under his muscled arms when his beautiful alcoholic wife sees Slim Freddy in a doorway, the low life loan shark hands over $5,000 so the couple can bet on a last win or lose all fight over in Thailand.

The Thai boxing contest, held on the wasteland close to a once E Coli infested abandoned water filtration plant, will be the fight of his life.
He must win !

... but he'll be fighting against Ray Woo Ben, the current world champion !

asjah8
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
ha! ha! that's fabulous RW!

Ben
05-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Now, that's entertainment -- Road Warrior.

Cheers. A good morning indeed.

To others, please post your logline.

Jcorona
05-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Dang, Warrior, I got into that.

And congratulations on your win asjah, I never mentioned it.

Mark Twain Weck
05-15-2009, 01:03 PM
...They will more readily learn to drive on the left-hand side of the road, like...

For a trial period only, trucks and buses will use the left-hand side. Cars will still use the right-hand side.

asjah8
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Thank you JC! :)

The Road Warrior
05-16-2009, 06:23 AM

A bit of fun hey, having a go JC ?

Anyone else for Tennis, or are the web wits not entering this one ?

The Road Warrior
05-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Ben, why don't you make an entry, and JCorona, Zenplato, if you're about and would like to make an entry, something classical perhaps ? A few others, Fortean, a wordsmith, I thought you might be tempted ...

Or is this clip how we feel --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcAuFQ42bxg&feature=related

instant_karma
05-16-2009, 07:38 AM
An E. Coli infested water filtration plant falls for a heavy weight boxer and plans to murder his alcoholic beautiful wife with Woody Allen's clarinet, so that their taboo love may flourish. Also, dragons, ninjas and french wizards complicate matters. And the sun explodes.

zenplato
05-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Ben, why don't you make an entry, and JCorona, Zenplato, if you're about and would like to make an entry, something classical perhaps ? A few others, Fortean, a wordsmith, I thought you might be tempted ...

Perhaps a haiku?

Ben's logline contest
Is it really a contest
I don't have the chops

The Road Warrior
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Well, it's probably not a 'contest', but fun ... erm

Haiku ... yes, that would do nicely. :)

asjah8
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
a creative thinking exercise rather than a contest. sounds fabulous! all in the spirit of good fun to liven up the forum. :)

The Road Warrior
05-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Warrior's COntest moved to new thread to avoid confusion.

The Road Warrior
05-17-2009, 02:15 AM
-- rules of new contest moved.

The Road Warrior
05-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Prizes, will re-appear, over in new thread for Warrior's contest.

The Road Warrior
05-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Please see new "Warrior's Logline/Synop Contest" thread ... posted entries will be within that thread ... (self - posting method, transparent)

Fortean
05-17-2009, 04:00 AM
A few others, Fortean, a wordsmith, I thought you might be tempted ...

Maybe you missed my entry, from a while back (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?p=531404#post531404).

And, no, this is more how, (I'd think), we feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJHSsLhE24

The Road Warrior
05-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Yes, okay, we can't have that, so with a few PM's from friends here along similar lines who wish to enter, this [Warrior's Logline Contest] has been moved to the Warrior's Logline/Synopsis Contest thread. Sorry Ben, I did try to extend this !

Ben
05-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi,

RE: CONTEST'S DEALINE --

Thanks for posting your logline.

And for those who havn't posted yet, the deadline is May 31 2009.

See post#1 for details.

So post and you could win a free feedback on your
first 10 pages of one of your script and a grid score sheet.

Cheers,
Benjamin Ray

umo
05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Feedback? That's the prize?

But I wanted a Canadian toaster.

Ben
05-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey Umo, if you win, you get both.
A toaster is affordable at Eaton Centre, Toronto.

Cheers Umo!!!!! -- from St. George and Bloor St and the World, Toronto....

Benjamin Ray

Ben
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi folks, Asjah8 has won (***** WINNER*******)

Asjah8's logline --
"A musical…

When a sudden power black-out leaves disco-manic
New York City in shambles, an aging heavy-weight boxer
takes a position as a loan shark at the infamous Studio 54,
in order to locate his beautiful alcoholic wife on the run
with a rare albino alligator from the Bronx Zoo."

Hey, you won the Logline Contest.
Congrats.
Prize -- send me your first 10 pages of one of your script and I'll give your free feeback and a grid score sheet.

Cheers,
Benjamin Ray
www.hollywoodtoronto.com (http://www.hollywoodtoronto.ca/)

instant_karma
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Damn! I was hoping to win this just so I could find out what a grid score sheet is.

article92
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I think this is what he means by grid score sheet karma

http://scriptshark.com/sharkgrid.pdf

asjah8
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
wow, thank you.:)

honestly though, i can't accept the prize ben, but i do appreciate your offer. i'm afraid my writing partner would beat me with 2-inch brads if i sent out our script for review before it's ready. i will gladly offer this to another person if you'd like to choose someone...?

sincerely,
asjah8

Ben
06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey asjah8, feel free to pass or give the prize it another comrade...

Ask em to email me....

Or post it here on DD as a X-RRS feed, and here is the math test --

99+99-100=? (no calcuators allowed, but can use powerpoint or word or excel)

Cheeers,
Benjamin Ray
www.hollywoodtoronto.com

Jcorona
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Sup, Big Ben?!

Ben
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
sad, North Korea not co-op
Japan losing their edge
Spike Lee married to a model
Ben -- crying a river
Justin Timberlake is starring in Plan Nine from Outerspace

Jcorona
06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Why you crying, Big Ben?

Don't cry.

Ben
06-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey JCorona,

Stress In The City.

Stress In The Rain.

Stress in Toronto.

Stress in the Brain.

Stress.

Jcorona
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Don't worry, Big Ben. It's just temporary, man.

asjah8
06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
group et al.,

please pm ben if you would like to take him up on his kind offer. i'm not able to accept and would like to see it go to someone who would use it.

thanks!
asjah8

Jcorona
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
group et al.,

please pm ben if you would like to take him up on his kind offer. i'm not able to accept and would like to see it go to someone who would use it.

thanks!
asjah8

That's mine. I called it. Would you do that grid thing for me, Big Ben?

But don't make it public. Between you and me. If you make it public, I'm out.

asjah8
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
thank you JC. :)

Jcorona
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
No, THANK YOU.

Congrats, asjah.

Mark Somers
06-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Congratulations asjah8.

I'm not stressed because I'm a big shot owner of general motors.

The Road Warrior
06-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Well done asjah ... you're winning everything around here these days ! Going for the Clueless Summer comp ?

I still have the Warrior's comp over on the other channel, but I don't want to distract anyone from the Clueless comp, as mine is only a bit o' fun ...

asjah8
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
hi clue and rw,

thank you for the voc. :) clue - great idea for the "life's a beach" contest, it makes my brain percolate on a slow juicy simmer... unfortunately i'll be missing this one but i'll be watching and cheering from the sidelines.

sincerely,
asjah8