PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons - One Producer or Many

lordmanji
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
so ive got a script that a producer is sending out to attachments but then i got to thinking maybe its better if the script has more than one producer taking it to the studios. what do you guys think?

joe9alt
09-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Huh? :confused:

Is the producer trying to attach talent (actors and a director) or is he taking it to a studio?

You're not an agent or manager, dude. You may read about an agent "assigning studio territories" to producers but don't think you're going to do that by yourself. If you want multiple producers to take it to studios then get an agent or manager.

Otherwise, do your best to support the producer that's championing your voice and your work.

In fact, ask him for a referral to an agent. :cool:

OGWAVES
09-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Huh? :confused:

Is the producer trying to attach talent (actors and a director) or is he taking it to a studio?

You're not an agent or manager, dude. You may read about an agent "assigning studio territories" to producers but don't think you're going to do that by yourself. If you want multiple producers to take it to studios then get an agent or manager.

Otherwise, do your best to support the producer that's championing your voice and your work.

In fact, ask him for a referral to an agent. :cool:

Ditto. Agree 100%. A producer should be able to help you get an agent and/or manager.

lordmanji
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
the producer's attaching talent/directors before he takes it to multiple studios. i believe that's a pretty common practice...my question is to have one or many producers to increase your chances but i see what you mean about sticking with the one who's championing your work though.

ylekot43
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
This is the way I see it:

http://www.sling.com/video/show/37324/89/WrestleMania's-Money-in-the-Bank-La

:D :D :D

jkk808
09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
It depends on who the producer(s) are. In general, more producers, like more money, equals more problems.

Takezo
10-01-2009, 07:23 PM
It's the producers call to bring on another producer--not yours.
You should be worried about getting paid, etc. ...not the credit line up.

T

kidcharlemagne
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
so ive got a script that a producer is sending out to attachments but then i got to thinking maybe its better if the script has more than one producer taking it to the studios. what do you guys think?

The agent/manager can get a bidding war going with a spec but it looks like you are beyond that stage. If he is now repping the project (as a producer I mean) and going out to talent he would not be a happy bunny if he learned that your script was now being sent out to other producers. Isn't there any paperwork between you and this producer?

docgonzo
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
How high up the food chain is this producer? Are they Big Time or small fry? Because you wouldn't want another producer attached if you have Bruckheimer or Silver taking it out. But if they're a nobody, then maybe it's best to send to others.

kidcharlemagne
10-09-2009, 02:03 AM
How high up the food chain is this producer? Are they Big Time or small fry? Because you wouldn't want another producer attached if you have Bruckheimer or Silver taking it out. But if they're a nobody, then maybe it's best to send to others.

He can't send it out to other producers if this guy is already sending the script out to talent agents to attach actors.