PDA

View Full Version : Bad Robot Pitch

Deion22
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
xxxxx

12916studios
01-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't know if I can believe this, to be honest, for several reasons...

First off, I just checked out the posts you've made, and most of them have been about how amazingly well you're doing, faintly wrapped in questions. For example, your first post was about how you have a script you and your partner wrote. You said you got repped from it, and immediately got offers from networks and then got an A-list actor attached to produce. Now, I can believe that, except you asked people on this board whether or not you should have the actor in meetings with you. This is something you would ask your agent and manager, I think, because they would know. Why would you register on a screenwriting forum to ask that when you have people on speed dial who would know? The way the post came off was quite bragadocious, really, and "oh, look at me". That's how every single one of them have been. If you are doing so well, why would your posts be just about how well you're doing? People don't just join forums to brag. As a result, they don't seem truthful.

Secondly, why in the hell would you cold call a major prodco when you have an agent? 1) It's unnecessary, and 2) it steps majorly on your rep's toes. If this is true, I have a feeling your rep will be pretty annoyed about it. And also, I have huge doubts that you spoke to an exec. If anything, it was an assistant fielding calls. Execs don't take cold calls. Ever. Unless I am very much mistaken.

Thirdly, it seems very much as though English is not your first language, because (no offense) your posts don't seem to have a grasp of grammatical structure. If this is how you write, I don't see how it would be possible for you to get an agent. Writing in Hollywood means you have to know English well enough to string multiple sentences together coherently. If the above post is any indication of your scripts, it doesn't seem like you can. Unless you just happen to be drunk everytime you're on Done Deal.

And fourthly, in your first post you said you have been writing for three years. Less than a month later you stated you had been writing for four. Which is it?

To be frank, I think you're a troll.

Anyone who wants to yell at me for saying that, go ahead, but none of what this guy has said (in any of his posts) seems believable for my above reasons. Read his posts for yourself and perhaps you'll see what I do.

P.S. If you somehow did in fact get an agent, a manager, three offers from production companies to executive produce your Pilot, an interested TV network, an A-list actor attached, and interest from an exec at Bad Robot Productions on a cold call pitch related to none of what I just listed in this sentence...well, then good for you.

But I think you're lying.

ihavebiglips
01-12-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't know if I can believe this, to be honest, for several reasons...

First off, I just checked out the posts you've made, and most of them have been about how amazingly well you're doing, faintly wrapped in questions. For example, your first post was about how you have a script you and your partner wrote. You said you got repped from it, and immediately got offers from networks and then got an A-list actor attached to produce. Now, I can believe that, except you asked people on this board whether or not you should have the actor in meetings with you. This is something you would ask your agent and manager, I think, because they would know. Why would you register on a screenwriting forum to ask that when you have people on speed dial who would know? The way the post came off was quite bragadocious, really, and "oh, look at me". That's how every single one of them have been. If you are doing so well, why would your posts be just about how well you're doing? People don't just join forums to brag. As a result, they don't seem truthful.

Secondly, why in the hell would you cold call a major prodco when you have an agent? 1) It's unnecessary, and 2) it steps majorly on your rep's toes. If this is true, I have a feeling your rep will be pretty annoyed about it. And also, I have huge doubts that you spoke to an exec. If anything, it was an assistant fielding calls. Execs don't take cold calls. Ever. Unless I am very much mistaken.

Thirdly, it seems very much as though English is not your first language, because (no offense) your posts don't seem to have a grasp of grammatical structure. If this is how you write, I don't see how it would be possible for you to get an agent. Writing in Hollywood means you have to know English well enough to string multiple sentences together coherently. If the above post is any indication of your scripts, it doesn't seem like you can. Unless you just happen to be drunk everytime you're on Done Deal.

And fourthly, in your first post you said you have been writing for three years. Less than a month later you stated you had been writing for four. Which is it?

To be frank, I think you're a troll.

Anyone who wants to yell at me for saying that, go ahead, but none of what this guy has said (in any of his posts) seems believable for my above reasons. Read his posts for yourself and perhaps you'll see what I do.

P.S. If you somehow did in fact get an agent, a manager, three offers from production companies to executive produce your Pilot, an interested TV network, an A-list actor attached, and interest from an exec at Bad Robot Productions on a cold call pitch related to none of what I just listed in this sentence...well, then good for you.

But I think you're lying.

If he's not lying, coupled with your previously expressed love of JJ's work... this is gonna come across as one very, very envious post.

Maybe dude just had a few celebratory drinks after his awesome pitch!

12916studios
01-12-2010, 03:25 AM
If he's not lying, coupled with your previously expressed love of JJ's work... this is gonna come across as one very, very envious post.

You could very well be right. But thank goodness I'm here to preemptively set the record straight! I actually don't get jealous. Or try incredibly hard not to. I have, in the past, but I realized it's a waste of time coveting someone else's success and being bitter about it. Instead, I be happy for them, and then work my ass off trying to get to their level. Example: My two best friends on this forum just got a manager. I really want a manager, but I'm also incredibly happy for them. I also know that my writing doesn't merit a manager yet, so it's pointless to be jealous about it.

Wait, why am I defending something that hasn't even happened yet? I'm 73% sure this OP won't even reply to his own thread.

Knaight
01-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Studios, there's a good shot you're right, but I will say this:

On another forum, I once called B.S. on someone who was legitimately working on Judd Apatow's project. The project never got made and I think it's lost somewhere between Development Hell and the nearest Starbucks, but the truth is that the guy was a young writer who'd had an extremely lucky break. I wasn't jealous when I first called the guy out, but once I found out that he was for real I was red-faced with jealousy and a couple more emotions.

12916studios
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Actually you are very wrong. I was sharing my story, which is completely true to encourage others. But now I will keep that info to myself. My only question to you studio is, you seem like a bitter writer who may have little to no personality. I do hope you are successful, but you may want to brush up on your people skills. People skills are a very important part of the business. Something you seem to be lacking.

Just because I didn't believe your story and rightfully called bull on it doesn't mean I don't have people skills -- it just means that I didn't believe your story.

I see also that you conveniently deleted the original content of your post, too, so that no one can see exactly what you wrote, or how incoherently written it was too. As a result, I will come off as an assholish harpy ragging on you for no reason because there is now no context through which to judge my post. I'm fine with that.

But the fact you deleted your post just convinced me even more.

joe9alt
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Just because I didn't believe your story and rightfully called bull on it doesn't mean I don't have people skills -- it just means that I didn't believe your story.

I see also that you conveniently deleted the original content of your post, too, so that no one can see exactly what you wrote, or how incoherently written it was too. As a result, I will come off as an assholish harpy ragging on you for no reason because there is now no context through which to judge my post. I'm fine with that.

But the fact you deleted your post just convinced me even more.

What did the post say?

Why delete it?

12916studios
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
The OP told a paragraph-long story about how he cold called Bad Robot yesterday and pitched a female executive his concept over the phone. He said she liked it so much that she asked for him to send over a one sheet of more information, and that while talking to her he never once mentioned that he was repped with an agent and manager. He then stated that he'd seen the recent JJ Abrams (he spelled it Abrahms) thread and wanted to share his success story with the board as encouragement.

The only way I could read the post was with a Babel fish firmly inserted into my ear canal. It was pretty difficult to decipher, like on the level of the worst comments found on YouTube. If it was written with attention to punctuation (he cut sentences in half with misplaced periods) or grammar (I seriously doubted his fluency in English, and therefore his ability to get repped) perhaps it would have seemed more plausible.

I don't know why he deleted the post. If I were him and actually wanted to offer encouragement, I would have told me to bugger off and left the post there anyway. Deleting it is a pretty passive aggressive move, and only suits to stir up more controversy -- which is exactly what a troll would want.

I should also mention that after deleted the original, the OP conveniently chose that time to go invisible, which seems pretty suspect to me.

Mac H.
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I saw someone made a thread about J.J. Abrahms, so I felt I shoudl share my story with you. Today I COLD CALLED BAD ROBOT about a project me and my writing partner have. I talked to Exec she was VERY INTRIGUED about idea, and wanted one sheet sent over TOMORROW. Now granted I am repped but i never mentioned that, and took the impulse of doing this myself. Now something may happen with this or not. But my point is one of the most sought after DIRECTOR in HOLLYWOOD, production company took a COLD PITCH from an unknown writer and liked my pitch enough to want to see what thsi project is about. This shows you, that you have to CREATE YOUR OWN luck. In this biz. The exec even thanked me for calling them. So just a little inspiration story from a guy who is just like you trying to make it, in this crazy world of HollywoodHi Deion,

I'm curious - why cold call when you have an agent and manager ? Were they annoyed that you did it ?

Let us know how it went.

Good luck !

Mac

sppeterson
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Personally, I don't find it hard AT ALL to believe that someone cold-called a production company and got their CE to read a script. Reading scripts is what they do.

You can get them to read a script off a cold email, and if you've got the cajones and skill to do actual phone calls, you'll get a lot more reads.

WritersBlock2010
01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
The only way I could read the post was with a Babel fish firmly inserted into my ear canal. It was pretty difficult to decipher, like on the level of the worst comments found on YouTube. If it was written with attention to punctuation (he cut sentences in half with misplaced periods) or grammar (I seriously doubted his fluency in English, and therefore his ability to get repped) perhaps it would have seemed more plausible.

Studios,

I normally would not even say anything about this, but your display of ethnocentrism and ignorance is highly offensive, to be blunt.

You criticizing someone whose first language might not be English, claiming there is no way this person could be repped -- and therefore, not a writer by proxy -- Tells me you have a hell of a lot of growing up to do before you should even attempt to get into this biz. Or any other industry for that matter.

Might I direct your attention to this post:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=52474

According to you, "Twilight" can't be a writer because English is not his first language, correct?

Guess what?

The guy was hired to write a Rom Com. That's a hell of a lot more than anything I've seen from you since your time here, pal.

You like to flaunt your disregard for authority and the rules by proclaiming you pirate movies openly... Yet you expect those in the business who do frequent this site to take you seriously?

Really?

Seriously, man, you need to grow the fvck up. And quick.

Your whole reaction to the OP reeks of jealously, regardless if you don't think anybody can see it. This is immaturity and all I can say is if you really want to get anywhere... Learn to be a little more professional and take this site a little more seriously than you do.

DD is a wealth of knowledge and contacts just waiting to be tapped... But you have got to make the effort to show you are worthy of what it has to offer.

What you don't know, or seem to care about is what you post is how you are perceived... And that perception might just be the key to a referral, an assignment, whatever because a lot of times those in this business will contact YOU because they like what YOU write a.k.a. post.

I have made several friends on DD who I correspond with off the site and they have been approached by real movers and shakers in this biz based on some of their posts. I also have been contacted numerous times by legit people wanting my advice and help on some projects, too.

It's like Jeff Lowell said, in another thread:

You can learn a lot about a person by just talking to them.

The same is true on the internet. Except on the net, is ALL about what you post and how you post it. It's your persona, or people's perception of you.

Here endth the lesson.

joe9alt
01-12-2010, 11:07 PM
The OP told a paragraph-long story about how he cold called Bad Robot yesterday and pitched a female executive his concept over the phone. He said she liked it so much that she asked for him to send over a one sheet of more information, and that while talking to her he never once mentioned that he was repped with an agent and manager. He then stated that he'd seen the recent JJ Abrams (he spelled it Abrahms) thread and wanted to share his success story with the board as encouragement.

Yeah that probably happens like every twenty minutes in Hollywood. Why is that so far-fetched? He didn't even get a full on script read yet but hopefully he will.

Good on you, Deion.

Hopefully something good comes as a result of your bravado.

Studios....don't hate...celebrate! :turkey:

12916studios
01-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Honestly, Writer'sBlock, note how I wrote "seriously doubted" -- as in past tense. I have no problem with a writer being a writer if English is not their first language (though what I wrote must certainly make you believe otherwise).

In truth, I think this might actually be an English speaking troll. After reading over the quote Mac.H snagged (how'd you get that, btw?), I realized that the the OP seems to have a lot of control over his writing, because some of the mistakes he made there are too egregious to be written off as accidental. Believe me, I know. I've done my fair share of work in the realm of baiting/badgering/etc., and there's an art to purposely f*cking up your writing.

(*SIDE NOTE: I spent a summer baiting a bunch of those Nigerian email scammers along into thinking I was a rich missionary from Los Angeles. The reason it wastes their time so that they can't scam some little old lady from Iowa out of her life savings. Part of this bait included taking on other personas, one of which was another Nigerian scammer.

This involved me having typing the messages as they do which if you have ever corresponded with them, is VERY INCOHERENT, distinct. But i had to write like that tp pass as one of them. Point is miming bad grammer. ect., is an art form, and in my experiance takes knowing THE STYLE how to write fakely liek that, to catch someone else when they are doing it to be a troll.)

If you want me to pick that post apart and look like an even bigger *******, I will. I knew I would probably come off as one here, and I accepted that. I made a decision that I wanted to call this person out. You can assume it's jealousy. That's fine. But if it really was, let me be up front with you, I'd have just told the guy I was jealous. I think you can appreciate that, given how candid I've been here?

12916studios
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah that probably happens like every twenty minutes in Hollywood. Why is that so far-fetched? He didn't even get a full on script read yet but hopefully he will.

If this is true, I'm reeling, because everything I have ever been taught is that there is no way you will get past those assistants on a cold call.

F*ck, maybe I should call Bad Robot tomorrow, if only to see what happens.

ihavebiglips
01-12-2010, 11:23 PM
If this is true, I'm reeling, because everything I have ever been taught is that there is no way you will get past those assistants on a cold call.

And who taught you this?

There are no absolutes. If you come off as an unprofessional prick, then yeah... I imagine you wont get far with them. But, you never know.

Call and inquire about an internship, if anything. Sounds like a dream gig for you, at this stage in the game.

12916studios
01-13-2010, 12:33 AM
And who taught you this?

There are no absolutes. If you come off as an unprofessional prick, then yeah... I imagine you wont get far with them. But, you never know.

Call and inquire about an internship, if anything. Sounds like a dream gig for you, at this stage in the game.

I don't remember who taught me this. It most likely originated on this site.

And I would love to intern there, I seriously would. If I could intern ANYWHERE (beside the Lost production offices) it would be under Abram's tutelage. He's molded some incredibly successful writers/etc over the last decade. But have no clue how to make that work, as my school gas no connections with any programs out there (so far as I know). I'll definitely look into it, though. But you know, doing this is something I really want (just never though it's be possible) So maybe I can find a way to make it work. Oh, and check your PMs.

Okay, my conscience just got the better of me. Sorry for acting like an enormous douche canoe in my above posts. I still don't believe the OP, but I apologize for the way I handled stating so.

nuvuefilms
01-13-2010, 01:13 AM
love the part about the exec, "even thanking me for the call". That's so funny. I'm sure the exec at one of the most successful prod co's was just playing solitaire when the assistant suddenly burst in the office proclaiming a writer cold calling was on hold asking to speak to someone in charge. And the exec, more than happy to drop everything (tell JJ I'll call him back), just took the call and listened to an unsolicited pitch, opening up the company to future lawsuits. This is so Bowfinger funny. Although, It would be much funnier to show up with no appointment and sit in the lobby with your script and mock up one sheet.:bounce:

joe9alt
01-13-2010, 02:20 AM
You seriously think it's impossible to get a creative exec on the phone and then pitch them?

I guarantee this happens every day in Hollywood.

I've seen and heard it with my own eyes and my own ears.

I'll be in the waiting area waiting for whatever exec I'm meeting with and you can hear the assistants taking these types of calls. Sometimes they joke around about them but I bet sometimes they're impressed and when they're impressed I bet they inform an exec that they came across a writer pitching a potentially great script. This is NOT far-fetched at all. Now is Deion telling the truth? Who knows. I tend to believe he or she is, because frankly, it's a very modest success they're alluding to...not even a script read yet...the exec just asked for a one-sheet (I also happen to know that the head of film at BR is a woman and her top film exec is also a woman...not that that proves Deion's story is true or anything).

The fact that many of you find this so preposterous makes me suspect the doubting thomas's are either humongous pussies or total shut-ins...maybe both?

Cold calling execs and pitching them...

Cold emailing execs and pitching them...

That's HOW you get reads when you're unrepped, people.

Now I know this guy says he's repped and that's a little weird but I've gotten a wild hair up my ass before and done some crazy **** without getting my reps' okay first. I wouldn't advise anybody else to do it but I've done it and who's to say ol' deion didn't do it, too???

It ain't like he's saying he banged nora ephron and she offered to co-write his next script.

He's saying he called an exec at a movie company, pitched her his script, she asked for a one-sheet, and thanked him for calling.

Happens EVERY DAY.

nuvuefilms
01-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Why aren't you cold calling every prod co in town?
You're smarter than that, that's why.

I have no clue why you are equating cold calling with email queries.
1 is industry standard.
The other is stupid and opens up a huge can of legal worms.

This convo is absurd, I'm not entering a debate about why telemarketing studios is stupid when you have an agent/manager or even a lawyer.

Mac H.
01-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Wow - that's quite a hornet's nest here.

After all - the basic event (a cold call happens to get somebody in power who asks you to send more info, and ends the conversation with a 'thanks for the call') isn't unknown.

Heck - I got my first real job walked in through the door a major company unannounced - only to be greeted by the CEO who was standing their ready to talk to total strangers.

It was just a coincidence - he was at the reception desk because he was 'borrowing' a pen to write something down. I was there because I had a job interview the next day and I knew absolutely nothing about the company - but I figured I could fake my way through the interview if I read the annual report first - at least I could figure out what the company made! (This was the pre-internet era when you actually had to visit places to find out information.)

The reality was quite mundane - the position was so lowly it didn't really matter who they gave it to, and he didn't like the fact that the HR department was wasting time and money interviewing dozens of people for a position that was inconsequential. It's like a chef being disgusted at his kitchen staff spending hours on choosing the right brand of match to light the stove with. I just happened to be the nearest match.

But if I worded the story differently it would sound totally fake. ("Dude - I just walked in off the street and the CEO was there! He handed me copies of the last few annual reports and said don't worry about a resume - you've got the job!!" )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I suspect that it's not this individual post that was invoking the ire. It's the pattern of posts with the same theme - announcing yet another great victory as a professional writer, but with bad spelling and arbitrary capitalisation.

The series of posts might be walking like a duck and quacking like a duck ... but it could just be that a writer is having a run of success, yet is almost incoherent when writing on message boards.

Like a successful chef who can't be bothered cooking when he gets home, so ends up eating a TV dinner. It happens.

Mac

Deion22
01-13-2010, 07:54 AM
One last thing guys. I NEVER! EVER! try to brag. Unfortunately that's the problem sitting behind a keyboard. If you met me, you would see I'm very humble. I just want to share my ups and downs, and crazy experiences like everyone else has. Someday soon I'll tell you some of my CRAZY FAILURES. Just as of the past six months I've had some good things happen, that I wanted to share with you. So please no one think I'm that arrogant *******. I'm def not that.

Okay, now I'm off to watch "THE WIRE" before I start my day.

josvanbrussel
01-13-2010, 09:03 AM
This thread is hilarious. Protagonist, antagonist, lots and lots of conflict... this has to be a screenwriter's forum :)

WritersBlock2010
01-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I had this big, impassioned post I wrote to Studios... But then I deleted it because I figured he won't give a damn, either way.

I will say this, though, Studios:

This rebel persona you have going on here on DD is not hip, cool or endearing. It's downright annoying, to be blunt.

It makes you come off like some sheltered punk who doesn't have very much knowledge of the real world and who is not serious about screenwriting, or the industry. It makes you come off more like an ignorant wannabe fanboy more than anything. Wannabe fanboys are the idiots of your generation that force the studios to dumb down the movies they produce.

Since you are at the tell-it-like-it-is stage in your life... Here it is:

The number one thing you can do to increase your chances of success in this biz is to be open to new experiences. Not just your own, but those of others. This means others success, most of all.

Right now, because you are still figuring out your own identity... You immediately view anybody who you don't know success as suspect, or impossible just because you don't know their situation, or because they didn't do things the way you are going about them (film school). Or perhaps because they had the balls to do what you only wish you could do?

So, now you have a choice:

You can either chose to wallow in jealousy and other petty crap like trying to scam a Nigerian scammer...

Or you can be better than that, man up, learn what you have to learn and then go make your own success stories, so you don't have to be jealous of others.

Geoff Alexander
01-13-2010, 10:51 AM

You should. What's the worst thing that could happen?

They say no. Big deal. Get used to it. In fact, you should cold call ten or twenty companies just to get used to hearing "no" so it isn't a big deal, because if you are in the entertainment field, you are going to get a lot more "no" than "yes."

And, just for the record, back when I was trying to break in as a writer I cold called and queried people all over the place, got reads from reps and companies and convinced a prodco to put me in touch with an Oscar winning writer, a dude named Scott Frank, who CALLED ME. :)

WritersBlock2010
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM

They say no. Big deal. Get used to it. In fact, you should cold call ten or twenty companies just to get used to hearing "no" so it isn't a big deal, because if you are in the entertainment field, you are going to get a lot more "no" than "yes."

I agree wholeheartedly.

To be more positive...

You (anybody) have to have chutzpa and gall to want to work in the entertainment filed. You do. Period. There are no iffs, ands or buts.

The difference is you have to temper confidence in yourself and your abilities with the realities of the biz, too.

It goes without saying, but there is a difference between being confident and cocky. You want to be the former at all times. It's what gets things done in the world in this biz and in life.

When I was starting out, I did the typical cold calls and queried hundreds upon hundreds of agents, managers, producers, directors, actors, production companies, etc. looking for my first break, or way in. Out of all of those I think I only had a genuine response of about... 10... Maybe? We're talking 10 out of a good 500, or more and this is a conservative estimate.

Again, the point is you need the confidence that says, "I can do this", but not in an arrogant, or "Fvck you" kind of way. You want to project an aura of "I can do this... And if you let me do this YOU can reap the rewards, too!" as much as you can. Enthusiasm and success breeds enthusiasm and success.

This business is all about networking and schmoozing. But in the good way, not the greasy, used car salesman type of way. Being confident means being a professional. Being a professional means you are paid for your skills, knowledge and ability. How you attain those skills, knowledge (experience) and abilities is as varied as there are people on this planet. But it's not just going to fall into your lap. It's up to you go out there and grab the brass ring as cheesy as that sounds.

In closing, be open to others success because you never know. Lightening might strike... and their success just might rub off on you ;)

12916studios
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Just called them. That was nervewracking. And the call was really short too. Just barely over a minute.

But I DID find out that they do internships.

So now I need to put together a decent resume and send it over.

And next time, when I call, maybe keep the nice-sounding lady rolling calls on the phone a bit longer. I probably ended the call faster than I should have, but I wasn't entirely prepared, and as soon as I hung up I thought of questions I could have asked. Bah, live and learn.

And I never would have done that if I hadn't acted like a complete douche. So maybe something good came of all this?

12916studios
01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Your not a douche.

Au contaire...

I hope you land the internship

Thanks. I won't know for another several months, because I won't do it until the summer. But...we'll see.

12916studios
01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
This thread is hilarious. Protagonist, antagonist, lots and lots of conflict... this has to be a screenwriter's forum :)

And also a beginning, middle, and end, including all essential plot points! Syd Field would love this thread.

ETA:

Who would be the protagonist here?

true_illusion
01-13-2010, 03:05 PM

And, just for the record, back when I was trying to break in as a writer I cold called and queried people all over the place, got reads from reps and companies and convinced a prodco to put me in touch with an Oscar winning writer, a dude named Scott Frank, who CALLED ME. :)

BEST ADVICE I THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN GIVEN ON HERE.

Fact of the matter is, for every one person that likes the idea/pitch/script you are peddling around town, there will be ten, twenty, one hundred or even a thousand others that would completely scoff at the idea of taking the project on.

The whole point is not to avoid the people that you think will say no, but to go through them until you find the one that says yes.

josvanbrussel
01-13-2010, 03:52 PM
And also a beginning, middle, and end, including all essential plot points! Syd Field would love this thread.

ETA:

Who would be the protagonist here?

Some stories have two protagonists... I see potential here for... a buddy movie?:) :) :)

Furious Anjel
01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Just called them. That was nervewracking. And the call was really short too. Just barely over a minute.

And next time, when I call, maybe keep the nice-sounding lady rolling calls on the phone a bit longer. I probably ended the call faster than I should have, but I wasn't entirely prepared, and as soon as I hung up I thought of questions I could have asked. Bah, live and learn.

And I never would have done that if I hadn't acted like a complete douche. So maybe something good came of all this?

You used your douche for good. :D

Seriously though, good luck!

Geoff Alexander
01-13-2010, 06:52 PM

One other thing--when you call, have a goal.

joe9alt
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Some stories have two protagonists... I see potential here for... a buddy movie?:) :) :)

A bromance!

AnotherCaucasianGary
01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I *heart* this thread.

Seshatcub
01-14-2010, 07:34 AM
It was touch and go for a while... but this turned out to be a seriously inspirational thread!

Done Deal Pro
01-14-2010, 11:35 AM
If anyone has anything else useful to add to this thread, then great. Otherwise, please hold off on the personal back & forths or attacks.

Thanks.