PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Email Structure

thrill14
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Anybody know it? They've done a good job of keeping it hidden from online searches.

Thanks!

thatcomedian
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Anybody know it? They've done a good job of keeping it hidden from online searches.

Thanks!
I found this. It is from about four years ago. I don't know if it is any help.

Pixar
Main phone 510-752-3000
Fax: 510 752-3151
Steve Jobs
Email: steve@pixar.com
Public Relations
Email: publicity@pixar.com
Pixar Animation Studios Press Contacts:
Steven Argula 510-752-3947
Email: SArgula@Pixar.com
Angie Bliss 510-752-4123
Email: bliss@pixar.com
Investor Relations:
Phone: 510-752-3720
Fax: 510-752-3442
Email: ir@pixar.com

Peripeteia
02-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Are you seriously going to send a query to Pixar?

I'm all for "If you have a great idea/screenplay, then pitch away", but... Pixar?

carcar
02-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Pixar won't look at anything without an agent or manager submission. Even if they request it themselves, it has to be submitted by a legit rep.

thrill14
02-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Thank you, comedian. Your info confirms that there may not actually be a structure. Well played, Pixar.

Carcar, I agree with you. I have an agent. I merely wanted to hit up a specific person with a message and not have to ask my agent for the email.

Peripitia (sic), if you're the same person who antagonized me in a thread last April (Ann something), and then deleted all your posts, it's both disturbing and predictable to see that little has changed. I try to post if and when I can contribute to someone's question. It's not absolute, but a pretty useful rule of thumb for me. That said, I am not an authority on much, hence you don't see many posts from me. If you're not Ann, then I humbly apologize and I owe you a drink.

mydog8it
02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, good luck with that.

I once entered a short script on inktip and an employee from pixar who had been perusing the list emailed me to tell me they loved my logline and title but couldn't ask to read it because they worked for pixar...and this person wasn't even in the story/development department. Just an employee perusing the list to see what's out there.

I wish you luck however.

Peripeteia
02-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Peripitia (sic), if you're the same person who antagonized me in a thread last April (Ann something), and then deleted all your posts, it's both disturbing and predictable to see that little has changed. I try to post if and when I can contribute to someone's question. It's not absolute, but a pretty useful rule of thumb for me. That said, I am not an authority on much, hence you don't see many posts from me. If you're not Ann, then I humbly apologize and I owe you a drink.

I could have given you all of Pixar's information, including Brenda Chapman's personal cell number. But if you are trying to get your script read, bought, AND produced by Pixar, that's like trying to shoot the clouds with a pellet gun. Even Exodus (the people who made IGOR (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465502/)) have a strict policy on unsolicited scripts. Though, Renegade Animation (http://www.renegadeanimation.com/) openly invites writers to submit their material.

Your best bet is to pitch your script to animation directors who have won film festivals for their feature or short. They know how to drive a script to prospective companies -- and with today's software, a new animation company seems to pop up every 4-6 months.

But yeah -- my opinion is not really worth soliciting.

12916studios
02-21-2010, 02:10 AM
I have to agree here: trying to contact Pixar is pointless. When's the last time they bought a spec script?

I think the answer to that question is never.

If you have an agent, use them. Don't go behind their back. Unless you're afraid of them laughing in your face about trying to contact Pixar. Cause I think he or she probably would.

thrill14
02-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Thanks for confirming that you are indeed Ann. No, your opinion is not worth soliciting. You rubbed several DD'ers the wrong way back in the day, deleted all your posts, then came back with this new alias. And no, I don't need any cell phone numbers. You must be very, very successful considering you have executives in your rolodex. Flipping through my own rolodex, I now realize that I must be successful too.

If you read my first reply, I have an agent who is extremely good at getting my material to anyone and everyone. Again, I wanted to hit someone specific up to send a message to. Not every message has to be a query. Why does a simple DD request have to turn into this unfortunate chain? In three years, I believe I initiated two threads and Ann started with me on both. I politely asked for Pixar's email structure. Either you know it or you don't. Why the negative commentary?

This is why members are quick to leave DD. In my time as a member here, I've seen some very knowledgeable people get pushed out by an uninformed few. It's very, very sad to see.

TheKeenGuy
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Original question was answered, and this is now off-topic.

If you want to discuss this other issue further, please take it to Private Messages or One-on-One.