PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wilkinson @ Working Title Films (UK)

Twofingeredtypist
07-19-2010, 05:26 AM
Anyone got an email for the above gentleman? Thanks.

Grandmaster
07-19-2010, 06:48 AM
My searches only unearthed a building address and even then, I've heard that they're closed off to anyone not submitting through an agent.

Twofingeredtypist
07-19-2010, 07:04 AM
I can't seem to find an internal email structure myself.

Grandmaster
07-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, they're closed off from the public for a reason - they don't want nobodies trying to kick the door in!
Britain's very tough to get a hold, actually, for it all seems to be rom-coms (often neither romantic nor funny) or Cockney gangsters. I went through The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook once, e-mailing every agent I could get an address for an they all said one of the same two things:
"We're not taking on any new clients at the moment"
or
"We're only accepting submissions from those recommended by an industry recognised talent".

My advice would be to contact some of the smaller production companies and knock agents on the head until you've made a sale. I had RED Producitons very keen in one of my scripts when I first started writing screenplays, but unfortunately, at that point in time I didn't even know how to write a screenplay!
Five years later I'd kill to gain some of the interest I had when I started, instead though, I'm aiming for foreign markets.

EDIT: You can find agents though at www.writersservices.co.uk if you're interested in giving them a go.

Twofingeredtypist
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Cold calling Prod Co's in the UK is far more acceptable than in US. Certainly I've never had a problem sending scripts directly to UK producers in the past; that's how I landed an option. However, most don't actually have the money to put things together.

I think Working Title's size and US affiliations, couple with their ability to put things together, has a dramatic effect on their submissions policy.

I'm not actually looking for the email to query believe it or not! :D

mlongton
07-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Have you tried firstname DOT lastname AT workingtitlefilms.com ?

Grandmaster
07-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Well, TwoFingered', whatever your motives (as long as they're honourable), the best of luck to you!

Twofingeredtypist
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
mlongton, thanks. I thought of that, but was looking for something with a bit more certainty.

Grandmaster, I can assure you my intentions are entirely honourable!

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Did some digging on google. Looks like it's either firstname.lastname@workingtitlefilms.com or firstname@workingtitlefilms.

Twofingeredtypist
07-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Did some digging on google. Looks like it's either firstname.lastname@workingtitlefilms.com or firstname@workingtitlefilms.

Thanks very much!

Nott00
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I've gotten through on firstname(dot)lastname(at)workingtitlefilms.com. Followed shortly after by an e-mail from their legal department explaining they don't except unsolicited material. Best of luck to you.