PDA

View Full Version : Is This "Bad Form," Too Obvious....What?

MargoChanning
03-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Happy Friday, guys.

I have about three projects that are currently being reviewed by managers/producers, etc. Queried and got read requests.

Just found out that one of my shorts was accepted at the Nashville Film Festival from over something like 2,400 entries (according to them, and I don't know how many, total, were chosen).

Is it a good idea to drop these people an email letting them know? Or a total waste of time? (They won't give a damn, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Rantanplan
03-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I wouldn't. They're already reading your material. Let your scripts do the talking for you.

But, congrats!

MHS
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Happy Friday, guys.

I have about three projects that are currently being reviewed by managers/producers, etc. Queried and got read requests.

Just found out that one of my shorts was accepted at the Nashville Film Festival from over something like 2,400 entries (according to them, and I don't know how many, total, were chosen).

Is it a good idea to drop these people an email letting them know? Or a total waste of time? (They won't give a damn, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
First off, congrats from a fellow Chicagoian on both the reads and the film festival!

I'll just echo what Rantanplan said and add that it would likely come across as desperate and could do more harm than good.

MargoChanning
03-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks to you, both. I kinda thought that but wanted your weigh-in.

Han Shot First
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
They wouldn't care if it was accepted at Sundance.

You will live and die on the merits of the script they are reading. That is all.

MargoChanning
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Much obliged, grasshopper.

Craig Mazin
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
They wouldn't care if it was accepted at Sundance.

You will live and die on the merits of the script they are reading. That is all.

Uhhhh, let's not get crazy, Han. Yeah, I think everyone *does* care if something is accepted into Sundance.

But I do agree that Nashville doesn't carry any particular weight at this time.

C.

Rantanplan
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
I hate to say this, but I don't think anyone really cares if someone is the WRITER of a short film. If you're a writer-director, yes, it might possibly get you some attention, even in this day and age where everybody and their mother has a short posted on YouTube. But a writer, no.

I may be wrong, but I kinda think I'm not.

MargoChanning
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
This is getting more depressing with each post.

I get it. Thanks.

Rantanplan
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
This is getting more depressing with each post.

I get it. Thanks.

Nah, don't be depressed. You have people reading your feature script, that's the main thing :)