05-12-2011, 08:16 PM

NikeeGoddess
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
seriously, you don't know the answer?!
<<<the NikeeGoddess just shakes her head>>>
sorry. i'm depressed now... and i don't even know you. :(

streaker12345
05-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Of course the answer is "yes" but you never know. There's nothing wrong with asking and you can shake your head as long as you want.

Terrance Mulloy
05-12-2011, 10:01 PM
What was the question?

catcon
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
What was the question?

It was something about a handshake deal to produce a script, but nothing was done after several months, so now the writer wanted to know if s/he could use the script. :|

filMaverick
05-13-2011, 08:39 AM
It was something about a handshake deal to produce a script, but nothing was done after several months, so now the writer wanted to know if s/he could use the script. :|

This seems like a legitimate question. Just because the deal was done with a handshake doesn't mean there wasn't any email correspondence between this writer and the producers. That's an email trail and in some cases PROOF that there is a deal between them. Everything is defendable in court. I think streaker was just being safe. And smart.

My advice?
Entertainment Lawyers. 150 bucks never made you feel so good!

billmarq
05-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes, this was a legitimate question, and the correct response is to either ask an attorney for advice or "renegotiate" with the other party so that no misunderstandings take place. Paperless deals are considered genuine, but difficult to prove. It is no fun getting sued.

Responses such as the first one in this thread are not helpful to anyone and I would ask that our members refrain from making such comments. People come here for advice, not derision.

filMaverick
05-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Responses such as the first one in this thread are not helpful to anyone and I would ask that our members refrain from making such comments. People come here for advice, not derision.

Just had to say, that comment was like the 'Deus Ex Machina' of this thread. Awesome.

streaker12345
05-13-2011, 09:03 AM
The thing is I wrote it for free based on the fact it was going to be read by an A-list actor. Everytime I ask about it I get a song and dance and now could careless about it. But I like what I wrote and it has nothing to do with the existing script. The short script is mine, I wrote it and I'm going to use it.