PDA

View Full Version : What the F goes on a screenwriting resume?

grumpywriter
06-14-2013, 04:14 PM
...if you don't have any produced credits yet, and how should it be presented/look on the resume?

I have options, director attachments to various projects, really good contest placements in reputable competitions, and representation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Grandmaster
06-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Is this for a UK-based agency? They just love these things...

Don't worry, once they find out you're not in the UK they'll reject you, but since you asked the question:

Info: name, address, phone, etc.

Onjective: what you want to achieve as a writer

Experience: anything industry-relevant or tib bits about your life that helped shape you as a storyteller

Projects: completed literary works

In development: the loglines of ideas you're working on (this demonstrates that you're actively creating new works, so a good long-term investment)

grumpywriter
06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks, Grandmaster! It's actually for a U.S. producer. I've looked online and found many different versions of screenwriting resumes, some with objectives, some not, some with education, some not. Would be curious to hear what some of the American DD Pro'ers think, as well...:)

LRic54
06-18-2013, 03:21 AM
I think it depends what it's for... Personally I have two resumes, one that is a longer, CV style document that lists completed works etc, the other a shorter, more traditional resume...

stainjm
06-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Don't know if mine is good, but I have my 'writing resume' as a link on my webpage - www.JustinMSloan.com (http://www.JustinMSloan.com)

In included short stories, poetry, awards, and evern workshops.