PDA

View Full Version : Producer asked me where I'm based?

Wintermute
09-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Hey all,

So I queried a Hong Kong producer and got a pretty quick response in which he asked me where I'm based. I replied promptly, but I'm a little bit curious now as to why he might have asked. Anyone care to share their two cents?

Just curious. :)

Levenger
09-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing he probably wants to know where you're based. I dunno,that's just me though.

EdFury
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey all,

So I queried a Hong Kong producer and got a pretty quick response in which he asked me where I'm based. I replied promptly, but I'm a little bit curious now as to why he might have asked. Anyone care to share their two cents?

Just curious. :)

How will he know where to send a check if you don't tell him where you live?

My real guess.... he gets a lot of queries from around the world and wants to know where you are... try not to read too much into it.

Wintermute
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM
How will he know where to send a check if you don't tell him where you live?

My real guess.... he gets a lot of queries from around the world and wants to know where you are... try not to read too much into it.

Thanks, Ed. I keep telling myself not to read into it, but I think I'm too young and dumb to listen to my own advice. My script is based in Hong Kong, so I keep thinking that if I'm based anywhere other than Hong Kong, he'll somehow think that the script will lack authenticity.

Hmm... maybe I should go out with some friends and watch a movie in the meantime, haha.

Mac H.
09-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey all,

Just curious. :)Outside the US there are a range of coproduction treaties between countries.

So, for example, a film can be made as an official coproduction between Canada & Hong Kong - and it will count as 'Canadian' for the purpose of the Canadian film Funding scheme as well as count as 'Hong Kong' for local production purposes.

(Canada & Hong Kong have an MOU instead of a treaty - but you get the gist)

She (or he) probably had that in mind.

Mac

Wintermute
09-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Outside the US there are a range of coproduction treaties between countries.

So, for example, a film can be made as an official coproduction between Canada & Hong Kong - and it will count as 'Canadian' for the purpose of the Canadian film Funding scheme as well as count as 'Hong Kong' for local production purposes.

(Canada & Hong Kong have an MOU instead of a treaty - but you get the gist)

She (or he) probably had that in mind.

Mac

This makes perfect sense, as I do recall him being interested in East-West co-productions. Thanks, Mac. :thumbsup: