PDA

View Full Version : Protocol Question

EdFury
10-25-2013, 06:29 PM
What do you do when Ridley Scott's Production company calls you, you miss the call, and they don't leave a message? I called back the number... it was his production company (to my surprise)... I got the front desk and the young man said, "If they didn't leave a message, there's no way of knowing who called."

Arrrgggggggggg. Thank you.

CameronAlexander
10-25-2013, 06:44 PM
**** man. That sucks.

The good news is that if they're really interested in something, they will definitely call you back. I'm guessing you got someone to read at the company via a query, but you don't know who actually read it? Wish I could give some better advice on this, but I think you'll just have to sit back and watch the phone.

JoeBanks
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM
What do you do when Ridley Scott's Production company calls you, you miss the call, and they don't leave a message? I called back the number... it was his production company (to my surprise)... I got the front desk and the young man said, "If they didn't leave a message, there's no way of knowing who called."

Arrrgggggggggg. Thank you.

"My name is [Ed Fury.] Could you please try and find out who it was at your company that tried to call me?"

EdFury
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
"My name is [Ed Fury.] Could you please try and find out who it was at your company that tried to call me?"

I did that... and they said, "Sorry... unless you have a name, I can't help you."

I guess I'll have to trust they'll call back... but they would have to call at 5 o'clock on FRIDAY so I have to wait until Monday to see.... Such is life.

And Cameron.... No... I did not query them. Have never had any contact. I was very surprised when I called back the number and it was RSA.

holly
10-25-2013, 07:19 PM
i have to say the thing youve already thought of... its a wrong number.
im assuming you have no reps?
call each of their four drama people monday.

CameronAlexander
10-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Well... you'll have to tell us what happens.

EdFury
10-25-2013, 07:51 PM
i have to say the thing youve already thought of... its a wrong number.
im assuming you have no reps?
call each of their four drama people monday.

I doubt if it's a wrong number. I don't have an LA area code. If it was a wrong number.... What are friggin' odds of that? I do have a rep, but if he had anything to do with it, I would have known and they would have called him first. Nope... I'll wait until Monday and decide what to do from there. Thanks. And Holly... I really enjoy your posts.

emily blake
10-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Are both your rep's numbers and your number on the cover of your script? Could be they typed in one and meant the other.

Manchester
10-26-2013, 10:23 AM
I assume you dialed back the number that appeared on your Caller ID. If so (and please don't think I'm saying you're unworthy of a real, purposeful call from Ridley Scott's production company)...

If you have any friends who might want to punk you, there is a way to call someone with a faked Caller ID number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

(I was gonna post a link to one of the services, but I didn't want to pimp them. Just Google: "Caller ID spoofing")

_________
PS/PSA: This is why, if the Caller ID on my phone shows that my bank/credit card issuer/insurance company is calling, I don't depend on that to confirm that that is truly who's calling. There has to be something more. And if I'm in doubt, I look up the number in my files and call them back. You've read about computer-hacking crimes that started with "social engineering"? Caller ID spoofing is one of the tools in the social engineer's toolbox.

EdFury
10-26-2013, 10:55 AM
I assume you dialed back the number that appeared on your Caller ID. If so (and please don't think I'm saying you're unworthy of a real, purposeful call from Ridley Scott's production company)...

If you have any friends who might want to punk you, there is a way to call someone with a faked Caller ID number.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

(I was gonna post a link to one of the services, but I didn't want to pimp them. Just Google: "Caller ID spoofing")

No. I dont think anyone is going to punk me that way. I'm too old for that crap and so are my friends. I have to think it's real. I will wait until Monday and see what shakes out. It was just frustrating as hell to miss it. On the other hand, of the two scripts I have out there circulating now, one, a dark comic thriller, is sold and going into production in May 2014, and the other is a big comedy, not exactly what they do. So who knows.

All of my produced films have been Hallmark Channel movies, two produced and shown already, two in production, and another two scheduled for next year. The dark comic thriller is my first actual feature and it's still a couple of weeks away from being announced. So a call from the likes of an RSA is still pretty heady stuff for me and something I have yet to experience. Thus, the frustration at missing it.

EdFury
10-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Are both your rep's numbers and your number on the cover of your script? Could be they typed in one and meant the other.

Maybe. But I have no idea what script it could be. I asked my rep and he hasn't sent them anything. So.... We'll see. If I get no call back next week, I'll assume it was in error.

Mark Somers
10-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Just have them send any and all checks to Mark Somers. I think that would work best.

EdFury
10-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Just have them send any and all checks to Mark Somers. I think that would work best.

Noted....