PDA

View Full Version : Voice Recorder in a Meeting?

8bit Llama
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking about using a tape recorder in my notes meetings, have something to go back to when I want to revisit what was talked about. I have a ton of projects right now, and sometimes when I finally get back to addressing a particular project I've forgotten anything I might have missed writing down the first time.
My manager said it's not a big deal as long as I obviously check with everyone in the meeting first, point out it's just for my own reference, etc. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this, good or bad.

madworld
01-02-2014, 11:29 PM
I think it would be great to do but is it acceptable? I scramble to take down all the notes and sometimes when I go back, I'm like - wtf did I write? It would be helpful. Not sure if it would make them uncomfortable though. I did do it once over the phone.

8bit Llama
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it would be really helpful to have something to go back to. One of the producers I've been working with has his assistant take notes and send me an annotated set after we're done, which is awesome, but definitely not the norm.