PDA

View Full Version : can u share some technicals on final draft 6?

GunMetalScribe
11-12-2003, 01:21 AM
it's driving me mad.
i was messing around with page layout, elements, tools in final draft 6 and my character line came out like below and i can't change it back.

it seems when there's more than 2 character talking, all character names show up on same line in ( )

can anyone help? i heard Deus is the freakin' man with technicals, any takers?

i.e.

(PAXTON, DREKSEL) (cont’d)
I like it, shoots well, light and the design is excellent.
(PAXTON, DREKSEL) (cont’d)
Ever come outdoors much, Gerald?

JakeSchuster aka Ostroff
11-12-2003, 07:18 AM
My advice is to email FD via their webpage. Their suggestion may be to reload the program in your computer. It looks as though, due to some glitch, FD is seeing your characters as parentheticals. Try positioning your mouse in front of the parenthesized character names and redefining by way of the menu their element to character.

NikeeGoddess
11-12-2003, 07:25 AM
FD has pretty good online customer service help. They always want you to try that first and it saves a lot of time b/c it's a good bet that others have made the same mistakes as you somewhere in the past.

noh1
11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
It sounds like you've reformatted your Dialog line to your Paranthetical line.

I think FD has a way to reset everything back to Factory Spec. Check out the help board on FD.

Buzz74
11-14-2003, 08:21 PM
You can always just clip a section of a few lines before and afer the offending paragraphs and retype the lines.

It's probably just a matter of getting FD to snap back to it's default settings as relates to that spot in the file.