What are the correct margins?

Thanks

whistlelock
08-25-2003, 02:10 AM
What's wrong with the Default ones?

ComicBent
08-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Catherine,

Are you talking about the margins in the editing window, or in the printout?

I am sure you know that the settings for the editing window do not affect the margins of the printout. To change the margins of the printout you need to click on Print/Preview; then you select the icon for Edit Format and make your changes.

The settings for the editing window can be changed by clicking on Tools | Options.

I do not know exactly what you want to do. I made some changes to the default settings for the editing window and some very minimal changes to the default settings for the printout. Let us know what you want to do exactly.

Later, when I have more time, I will post some information about the settings that I use for the editing window and for the printout. In the meantime, if you are a new user of Sophocles, you might want to read through the Sophocles tutorial thread, below. In the meantime, too, you can use the default values that Sophocles offers.

Welcome to the cult of Sophocles users! :)

Catherine Tramell
08-25-2003, 03:45 PM
Comic, I am talking about the margins in the printout. Is it okay if I use the default settings when I print off my script?

Sincerely,
Me

PS: I am happy to be a member of the "cult of Sophocles users." It's definitely the best screenwriting software I have ever used. :)

ComicBent
08-25-2003, 04:35 PM
The defaults are fine. They are based on a sampling of many different specifications.

I will post some more information later, when I have time.

ComicBent
08-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Printer output is controlled by the *.stp file, which contains information about margins and other spacing and formatting considerations.

Sophocles provides several of these *.stp files, and you can easily create your own with your own desired formatting.

My website has more information, and also has my own formatting file, comicbent.stp, available for download. An index of my "Sophocles Stuff" is available at:

members.aol.com/comicbent/ (http://members.aol.com/comicbent/)

Catherine Tramell
08-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Comic, you've been very helpful. And thanks for the link to your site. I will visit it later tonight, when I have more time.

;)

ComicBent
08-28-2003, 04:33 PM
I am currently working on my home page to add some more Sophocles materials, along with some new (and better) indexes. If you have any trouble locating anything, let me know, and I can send things to you by email attachment.

Ray :)

Catherine Tramell
08-28-2003, 09:06 PM
If you have any trouble locating anything, let me know, and I can send things to you by email attachment.

I will, Ray.

Thanks
:)