PDA

View Full Version : New TV Shows (Loglines)

Bono
05-11-2019, 07:42 PM
https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-orders-comedy-series-bob-hearts-abishola-broke-carols-second-act-the-unicorn-1202611317/

Read through some of these new shows that got pickup, does the logline make you excited to see the show?

https://deadline.com/pilot/2019-nbc-pilots-series-orders/ (can use drop box to see all networks)

janmaxwell
05-12-2019, 11:05 AM
So many of these sound like shows that are already on.

The ones that sound interesting to me:

Lincoln - I read the books.

Prism - Don't think this has been done before.

Emergence - Has the feeling of a Manifest, which has been renewed.

Like Magic - Everyone loves magic. I don't remember any other TV show built around magic.

JoeBanks
05-12-2019, 11:34 PM
i don't think i've regularly watched a network drama since... House or Lost?

Bono
05-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Then that would be HOUSE as it ended in 2012.

LOST May 23rd, 2010. And no I did not google that. So you can figure out my fandom from there....

finalact4
05-13-2019, 03:45 PM
i remember when i binged on all the lost episodes from netflix. there was one DVD that had a day in the life of making LOST and for the life of me i can't find it. do you recall that? they went though all the episodes and what they go through in a week from breaking one episode to rewriting the next, pre-production in one, post in another? it was insane an i wish i could watch it again.

Prism sounds good.

Bono
05-13-2019, 04:42 PM
I watched LOST live, week to week over 6 years, so I did not experience the binge of this show. And I actually never bought the DVDs with all the extras for some reason, I guess it was because I loved my experience with the show and didn't actually want to know more than I found out myself.

So no I don't remember that as I never saw it to my knowledge unless it was a special that aired on ABC before finale? I do recall that to show degree.

finalact4
05-13-2019, 06:12 PM
I watched LOST live, week to week over 6 years, so I did not experience the binge of this show. And I actually never bought the DVDs with all the extras for some reason, I guess it was because I loved my experience with the show and didn't actually want to know more than I found out myself.

So no I don't remember that as I never saw it to my knowledge unless it was a special that aired on ABC before finale? I do recall that to show degree.

no, it was actually one of the bonuses on the netflix dvd. made my dad watch all of them with me. haha.

i have a set of the DVDs i never opened, maybe i need to open them.

Bono
05-15-2019, 05:02 PM
I remember the days I actually got Netflix discs sent to my home...

Satriales
05-15-2019, 09:04 PM
LOST was my last network show. Tried Hannibal. And I think Revolution. My only exposure to it now is when my parents or in-laws watch CBS procedurals at 78 volume.

Ok, fine I watch This Is Us. At gunpoint.

Bono
05-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Yeah Network is tougher for me for shows... because all the best ones are on HBO, AMC, FX and you name it.... and watching live is rare with netowkr

But I love love love TV. However, I find myself watching reruns of shows I love versus adding to them.

Network

The Good Place

is only one I can think of besides SNL....

I watch so much TV, but it's reality TV, ESPN, news... and then all the shows I watch are on not network...

Damn.

Very recently I would have too much to tape on my DVR... Shows like Fringe feels like 100 years ago now...

docgonzo
05-16-2019, 05:53 AM
Man, I haven't watched a network series since... Revolution, maybe? That sounds about right. I don't watch basic cable networks anymore, either. I still need to watch the last seasons of The Americans and Halt & Catch Fire. I used to fight for DVR space with my wife, but now neither one of us uses it. I watch everything on my laptop except for live sports. Think it's time to cut the chord.

As for OP's question, Lincoln is only of interest because I know one of the creators. If I didn't, I wouldn't even be aware of its existence. The others sound like standard network fare (i.e. boring shows I'll never watch).