PDA

View Full Version : Calvin and Hobbes

DiamondDuste
12-10-2003, 01:37 PM
Hopefully, this is the right board for this thread.

Anyways, I've always wondered what a script would look like if it was based on the classic comic, "Calvin and Hobbes". I know a movie version will never be made,(Due to the creator being EXTREMELY protective of his work) but if you all had the opportunity to do it, what story would you go with?

I'd try to keep true to all the Calvin staples: Calvinball, Spaceman Spiff, Stupendous Man, dinosaurs, the whole classroom dynamic, babysitting, killer snowman, etc., however it'd be kind of hard to lump them in a linear plot.

If I had to do this, I'd probably go the route of the "Yukon Ho!" series where Calvin and Hobbes tried to move to the Yukon. I figure that would lead to the most interesting stuff since you have a wide open opportunity to do a lot of stuff with Calvin and Hobbes out in the wilderness.

I don't know. I thought it'd be an interesting idea. Any suggestions?

Noah1
12-13-2003, 02:41 AM
I have no idea, but C and H is my all-time favorite comic.

Here's a cool site:

Calvin and Hobbes Resurrection (http://www.alloftheabove.net/cahr/)

3pagesdeep
01-02-2004, 07:01 PM
I personally think this post is awesome, mainly because I love Calvin and Hobbes. Of course I don't think it would make a good movie, but if I were to do one I'd have include Calvin's box (i.e. duplicater, transmogrifier, time machine), along with his G.R.O.S.S. meetings off in his bedroom under his bed or once again under the box and the epic onslaught of warring snowmen strewn across his lawn. In the end though I'm probably more satisfied with Calvin and Hobbes exactly where they are now.