Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nehst - Larry Meistrich? (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=29699)

vlinchong 05-18-2007 11:47 AM

Nehst - Larry Meistrich?

Has anyone attended any of the mass pitch sessions that Nehst (Larry Meistrich) has organized? He seems like he's got creds, but then it seems a bit suspicious that they're charging $10 for pitches. What's the deal? Legit or not?

EJ Pennypacker 05-18-2007 02:03 PM

Re: Nehst - Larry Meistrich?

I attended one of his events last month.

He is legit.

Although he seemed more leaning towards properties that we New Media (internet TV).

$10 is for a pitch. The event is free (or should be last time I looked).

EJ

Alyssa Runswithwolves 05-19-2007 03:54 PM

He's very legit. He produced Sling Blade and You Can Count On Me. He's looking for ten films to produce within a slate. He has international distribution and funding in place.

And, he's a very nice New Yorker (smile.)

I believe he's looking for things that can be shot in Connecticut, N. Carolina and Colorado.

I've never attended a pitch fest. But you could just query them via normal email I would assume.

From what I'm told, they're about to make an announcement and expect to be hit hard. So, I'd do it soon.

zazzo2003 05-21-2007 12:43 AM

Does a "pitch" only mean one idea per pitch or can you pitch a couple of ideas on one video or form?

Thanks
---Zazzz:)

EJ Pennypacker 05-22-2007 08:37 AM

I believe it means one pitch. Best check site for details.

Quote:

I believe he's looking for things that can be shot in Connecticut, N. Carolina and Colorado.
Yeah, from a business end, he was talking about tax incentives for working in various states in the US.

EJ

Alyssa Runswithwolves 05-28-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zazzo2003 (Post 361711)
Does a "pitch" only mean one idea per pitch or can you pitch a couple of ideas on one video or form?

Thanks
---Zazzz:)

Pitch a whole bunch of things... it's a new way to fund the films. I'm kidding... but you have to wonder about charging for a pitch to yourself.:eek:

He does have funding and distribution for ten films, so take heart if you do pay and pitch.

Maybe he's giving it to a favorite charity... clever man.

EJ Pennypacker 05-29-2007 03:45 PM

At $10 a pop, he'd have to take a lot of pitches to make any sort of money. Honestly, there wasn't that many there in the pitch in the first place, so it's not about the money IMO. It's about 'ideas'.

EJ

Alyssa Runswithwolves 05-29-2007 09:25 PM

Thanks EJ. I think you're the only one who replies to my posts (smile.) I was making a joke-- and a bad one, silly really. I'm working with them on a project, so I'm familiar with their funding sources. They have some good material in house and their heart is in the right place for sure. They're good people and I think they'll make some good films.

EJ Pennypacker 05-30-2007 07:12 AM

That's cool that you're working with them on a project. Can you give any details? Is it for InternetTV?

EJ

Alyssa Runswithwolves 05-30-2007 01:47 PM

No, it's a feature. And I wish I could say more. But it's kind of hard to speak about some thing that at any given moment could fall apart.

We're all just hoping it'll survive the process and I'm very realistic about that. If it's meant to be I'll see it happen; if it's not, I'll have made some very good friends out of it.

It takes a village to raise an independent film.