Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters Trailer

I have been a big advocate for this project. I have no problem with the reboot, and I enjoy everyone involved, but...

I didn't like that trailer. I think it relied too much on nostalgia. It seems like much more gag-centric than the original, and there were a couple lines of dialogue that reek of generic executive input.

I'll still go watch it, but my excitement has waned.

Re: Ghostbusters Trailer

link?

Comment

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYnSjERs-oU

It's a bad trailer. Not saying it can't be a good movie but that trailer. Ugh.

Ending with an Exorcist joke? Weren't we done with that in the 80's?

I like everyone involved. Hope they cut a better trailer next.

Comment

Exactly what I expected out of Feig, who has said in the past it's OK that the scripts he films aren't funny, the actors/actresses will make them funny.

Every attempted joke looks like they were just winging it, and that's probably not a coincidence.

Comment

Couldn't pay me to watch this thing.

Comment

I thought this was supposed to be a reboot, not a reshoot.

Comment

Three brilliant white scientists and a sassy, black friend. I will not be watching.

Comment

It looks horrible. Everything about it. Train wreck.

Comment

It's a Scary Movie-esque spoof, it's not a reboot.

It's strange. The first Ghostbusters -- due to brilliant writing / directing -- had a very authentic vibe despite its absurdity. It made it actually scary / spooky / creepy. But here, it just gives up on any sense of reality and goes full-blown Naked Gun gag flick.
                  I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I know it's only a trailer & so it's hard to judge properly until having seen the film but off this it feels flat and a little dull. The fact that the opening scene involved 'sliming' suggests they're devoid of originality here. In fact there was at least two of these very same sequences in a 90 second trailer. What made the original so good and stand the test of time was the chemistry and energy between the four leads. There was a real balance. And I believed the likes of Aykroyd and Ramis could be scientists whereas I'm just not convinced the likes of Kristen Wiig & Kate McKinnon are natural fits in those roles.

It's like when an artist covers a classic song for the sake of it, if you aren't bringing anything fresh to the original then why bother?

Comment

As for me, I like the what each of the ladies cast has accomplished individually outside this movie. Although this kind of fare is ordinarily not for me, I'll watch it to see the main cast work together just because they're all good at their craft, despite the movie's limitations placed upon them. Kate McKinnon is one to watch, IMHO. I hope she receives more and better roles in her movie future.

Besides, this Ghostbusters is just one more in a string of mindless movies made for grins and little more. There's a whole generation or two out there for whom it will be new, not a reboot. I'd hope the remaining framework of the original writers' storyline will be strong enough to carry the movie to some success if only to give this all-female lead cast a round of applause.
                      Last edited by Clint Hill; 03-04-2016, 11:33 AM. Reason: Add, correct
                      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

I thought it looked cute and fun. Though I agree that the three buttoned-up white scientists with their sassy black friend was a little cringey. Other than that, it seems funny and enjoyable.

I can see not living up to the original (which has the benefit of nostalgia and a longstanding good reputation on its side), but horrible? Not sure how you get that far.

Comment

I think it'll do well.

Comment

Here's an IMO much better fan-cut version of the trailer:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IDXpOX0Cp0

Too bad Feig couldn't get something like this out first by himself. I'm not that confident in the movie now.

Comment

Train wreck is the right expression. This is wrong on so many levels.

This trailer works as a parody, mixed with a few nostalgia moments. The title cards talk about "Four scientists". Winston was just a normal guy though.

The story is a complete rehash, the characters are mere shadows of the original and the pictures are not cinematic. They look like from a TV series pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X