Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The dumbest thing any movie exec has ever said to you? (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=66136)

scripto80 02-15-2012 10:53 AM

Re: The dumbest thing any movie exec has ever said to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGF (Post 786934)
After reading my charming "Field of Dreams" meets "Close Encounters" feel-good movie:

"The aliens should eat people, loud, so we can hear the bones crunching."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, for some reason this just had me rolling.

Thank you, I needed that.

RGF 02-15-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scripto80 (Post 788134)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, for some reason this just had me rolling.

Thank you, I needed that.

:smokin: You're welcome.

BurOak 02-15-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandiman (Post 788120)
I was once brought in as a script doctor on something by the producer and told "we think this could be gold, it just needs the dialogue polished" - the script had no third act. Literally none. No story closure whatsoever. And it was a biopic of a guy who died, so it should've been fairly easy.

So what did I do? Polished the dialogue and cashed the cheque. I'm not an idiot.

Oh, I also pitched a teen drama TV show to a ProdCo recently only to be told that they felt the show would work better if I aged the characters up a few years. It's a teen drama. The characters need to be teenagers. That's kind of a thing with the genre.

Also, if I'd aged them up, they'd have been immature adults rather than slightly mature teens... A subtle nuance, I grant you.

Interesting. To look at American TV and film from about 1990 to today, one would think the maximum human lifespan rarely exceeded 30 years.

Kandiman 02-15-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurOak (Post 788256)
Interesting. To look at American TV and film from about 1990 to today, one would think the maximum human lifespan rarely exceeded 30 years.

It's true... but that's where the money is. And most of the best stories, as far as I can tell.

BurOak 02-16-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandiman (Post 788257)
It's true... but that's where the money is. And most of the best stories, as far as I can tell.

On the former, I'll reluctantly agree with you. On the latter, no way. Teens and twentysomethings are not the most fascinating creatures on the planet, despite what they think.

Kandiman 02-16-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurOak (Post 788325)
On the former, I'll reluctantly agree with you. On the latter, no way. Teens and twentysomethings are not the most fascinating creatures on the planet, despite what they think.

We'll have to agree to disagree. And bear in mind that, as a 26-year-old, I may be a little biased!

brubenow 02-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emily blake (Post 787169)
In fairness, scenes are generally more awesome when people get shot in the face.

so true

BurOak 02-17-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brubenow (Post 788405)
so true

Unless it's a Disney movie.

Kandiman 02-18-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurOak (Post 788538)
Unless it's a Disney movie.

I'm not so sure. Bambi was made better by the mother being shot. And it would've improved High School Musical 3 considerably...

BurOak 02-18-2012 02:00 PM

Have to agree with you on HSM. :bounce: :cool: