Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Business Questions and Advice (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Meeting blown off.. (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=80116)

ManbunShiva 12-05-2015 06:06 PM

Meeting blown off..
 
Hi guys,

So I'm not quite sure how I should feel. I had a manager show interest AND this person proposed a Skype meeting for today (don't live in LA but am in CA).
The time came and went and I didn't get any email/call from her as to why it didn't happen.

Is this person professional? Should I bother following up? Am a jolly mix of pissed, disappointed and confused. :| Any encouraging words or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Centurio 12-05-2015 07:02 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Why wouldn't you follow-up professionally and see what happened? There's no downside to it.

ManbunShiva 12-05-2015 07:27 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
True, Centurio. Just sent a short note asking what happened and if she'd be rescheduling. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else..
UPDATE: Manager fractured her toe and meeting had slipped her mind. She just sent an email and rescheduled for next week. How dramatic. Hollywood, baby!

DangoForth 12-06-2015 03:34 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Oh, yeah, the age old "fractured toe" fallback excuse. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that... .:bounce:

Just kidding. As NASA used to say, "Hubble happens".
Things happen to everyone, even in Hollywood. Glad to hear you're moving forward!

grumpywriter 12-07-2015 08:52 AM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Welcome to Hollywood :)

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.

CthulhuRises 12-07-2015 01:08 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpywriter (Post 931238)
Welcome to Hollywood :)

Until I actually have a SIGNED contract WITH MONEY BEHIND IT on the table, I always just assume that whomever I'm currently corresponding with for whatever reason will, at some point in the process -- could be after one phone call, could be after drinks, after going on a camping trip with his family -- disappear.

It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing. :confused:

grumpywriter 12-07-2015 01:31 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CthulhuRises (Post 931245)
It's an incredibly vexing phenomenon, isn't it. There's a (quite legit, too), Producer who is interested in a project of mine. Has probably e-mailed me 9 times over the past 5 months now always saying let's talk this week, only to go MIA when I ask when is good for him, only for him to inevitably pop-up a few weeks later, apologize profusely, and do the same thing. :confused:

Haha.. I know. I've long since stopped being surprised by it or even offended. If anything I find it (a little) amusing. I had a guy last year -- a producer/actor -- who wanted to option a script of mine. We talked on the phone numerous times, and he insisted on taking me out for a beer when I was in LA for a meeting. During the beer he was acting like we were best buddies, telling me about his wife and kid, etc... We went through some notes on the script, and then I mentioned some kind of payment for the option and it was like he evaporated -- poof. Never heard from him again :bounce:

ManbunShiva 12-07-2015 01:53 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Hahaha! You guys... These are some hilarious war stories. :D
Guess everyone should get used to their special power of going POOF! at a moment's notice.
My meeting is scheduled for tomorrow. Should have a fun report.

ManbunShiva 12-09-2015 03:01 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
UPDATE:
Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!

Centurio 12-09-2015 09:14 PM

Re: Meeting blown off..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManbunShiva (Post 931289)
UPDATE:
Skype meeting went well. Manager would like me to visit the office to meet her and her partner. Anything you guys could suggest on what I should prepare for/be prepared for? Thanks as always!

Always take the water. If they ask you something that you need a moment to think about it gives you an excuse.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro