Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what about PitchQ? Scam?

We've talked about Inktip in another thread. I keep seeing PitchQ posting what appear to be opportunities, but I'm mighty skeptical.

Anyone have experience with them?

Re: So what about PitchQ? Scam?

I was invited to pitch a project last fall (I'm guessing he wanted to put content up on the site). Nothing has come of it, but I don't think I'd pay to list a project unless I had better knowledge that producers were paying attention to it.

It might be a good thing to have video of you pitching (especially if you're good at it) -- you could direct interested parties with a simple click -- but you don't need PitchQ for that. I'd need more convincing that there's something worth the investment.

Comment

Re: So what about PitchQ? Scam?

Originally posted by tookee View Post
      I was invited to pitch a project last fall (I'm guessing he wanted to put content up on the site). Nothing has come of it, but I don't think I'd pay to list a project unless I had better knowledge that producers were paying attention to it.

It might be a good thing to have video of you pitching (especially if you're good at it) -- you could direct interested parties with a simple click -- but you don't need PitchQ for that. I'd need more convincing that there's something worth the investment.
      Their website is suspiciously devoid of any indication of WHO they have watching. Seems relatively new. The business model is interesting to those who are on the receiving end of pitches and I suppose it's trying to tap into a sort of MTV generation of managers/agents with short attention spans (which is the case anyway). But to pay to pitch and not know who is watching, if anyone?

Comment

Working...
      X