Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Chasing Postal Address .... (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=21353)

-=PuMpKiNhEaD=- 05-28-2006 03:05 AM

Chasing Postal Address ....

Hi All ...

I have recently completed my first screenplay & I must add that it was an enjoyable and enlightening experience. The act of putting words to mere thoughts and creating an exciting new world was extremely invigorating.

But now comes the hard part - allowing others to appreciate my creation. I live in Australia and assumed I needed assistance from an agent or manager based in L.A.

But after constant answering machine messages at 12.30 in the afternoon (californian time) I finally found a voice on the other end of the phone. The secretary from the Stein Agency informed me that they only consider artists that have been referred and that I should send my screenplay direct to producers.

I felt a little heartbroken that I am gonna have to do all the work by myself from the other side of the planet. I work five days a week and cannot exactly head in and pitch my idea to a prducer. So, this is going to be difficult, but well worth it in the end.

All I am chasing is a little help to start me off. I would like to get my screenplay into the hands of Robert Shaye at New Line Cinema and require a postal address for the company. I understand that it would have to get through so many sets of hands before he even looks at it, but I remain hopeful.

I have searched online but cannot find any details for New Line and do not see a point in paying fees to a website just to obtain a postal address. If anyone out there could point me in the right direction to finding the postal address, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance ...
-=PuMpKiNhEaD=-

P.S. I have enjoyed reading these forums over the past few months and am delighted to have finally joined the community. :)

Joe Unidos 05-28-2006 07:53 AM

Re: Chasing Postal Address ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=PuMpKiNhEaD=-
I would like to get my screenplay into the hands of Robert Shaye at New Line Cinema and require a postal address for the company.

P.S. I have enjoyed reading these forums over the past few months and am delighted to have finally joined the community. :)

Welcome aboard. I think you ought to go into the Business archives and read all the post in there to get a better feel for how the business works.

Good luck!

:)

phatgirl 05-28-2006 08:26 AM

Here's the addy you're looking for though:

New Line Cinema
116 N. Robertson Blvd., Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90048
United States
310-854-5811
310-659-2459 fax

Robert Shaye, Co-Chairman & Co-CEO

Hamboogul 05-28-2006 08:33 AM

I'd suggest you aim a bit lower on the New Line Cinema ladder. You will not get read by Robert under any condition. So do the research and find out who might be a story editor or a creative exec there. And if that person likes your script (again, your script might not get read at all even at this stage), this person will move the script up the ladder.

-=PuMpKiNhEaD=- 05-28-2006 02:13 PM

Thank you all for the speedy response. Perhaps I should try and find someone smaller on the food chain to approach but I'd really like to get it into the hands of the big guy. :)

BROUGHCUT 05-28-2006 05:02 PM

as of this April (from Variety Facts on Pacts):

NEW LINE
Benderspink (Chris Bender, JC Spink) Chick Flicks (Sara Risher) Contrafilm (Beau Flynn, Tripp Vinson) Film Engine (AJ Dix) Karz (Mike Karz) Landscape (Bob Cooper) Rat (Brett Ratner, Jay Stern) Stokely Chaffin Storyline (Neil Meron, Craig Zadan)

BROUGHCUT 05-28-2006 05:04 PM

PuMpKiNhEaD -> prodco -> producer -> studio.