Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tracking Boards (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=84841)

Bono 08-23-2019 09:40 AM

Tracking Boards

Been a long time since I used trackingb for seeing what specs go out. But for years I loved it. How is it these days?

Is there a better service?

Is there a hidden gem where the stuff is just out there for free?

I get some info on here on front page about stuff that sold, but not the stuff that just went out to try and sell.

GucciGhostXXX 08-23-2019 03:03 PM

Re: Tracking Boards

Good question.

I've never really understood what constitutes what goes on them and what doesn't (producer attached?). For example is mine on them right now? No idea? I'd be curious to know. Anyone got the 411 on this?

Bono 08-23-2019 06:18 PM

I want to know what the people inside use. Do you get a secret website where you see stuff? The reps for sure must have one where they see stuff and tell everyone MY SPEC IS OUT.

GucciGhostXXX 08-23-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bono (Post 966031)
I want to know what the people inside use. Do you get a secret website where you see stuff? The reps for sure must have one where they see stuff and tell everyone MY SPEC IS OUT.

I actually don't think so, unless it's fairly new. I can tell you that my ex never looked at any tracking boards. The bigger agents feel tracking boards are for the kids to fool around on. I can also say that when we were out with XXXX XXXX, I have no idea if it was on a tracking board, maybe, but that was the last thing on our mind. We never checked to see if it was, that was totally irrelevant. Everyone in town knew the property was out. Word spreads fast on something like that.

I can guarantee you that there are many (most?) high level agents that don't really know what tracking boards even ARE (I mean vaguely, but not really). Yet, newer writers assume they mean something to everyone in town. The people repping A-list folks have likely never been on a tracking board, read a Nicholl winner nor read anything on the real Blacklist (unless it's a their client's script), why bother...

Bono 08-23-2019 09:56 PM

I hear you, but the last time went out with a spec, old managers and other people emailed us "good luck" so word gets out somehow... It was like an hour later after it went out...

finalact4 08-24-2019 07:40 AM

i was told by my manager-not-manager that trackingb is basically a vanity site for writers and that no one in the industry looks to them. he told me that if i wanted it to show up on on TrackingB he'd call them and have it listed. i said, no, if no one in the industry uses it, i don't need to see it. in hindsight at least i would have known where it was. but anywho.

i emailed the guy that runs TrackingB and asked him and he said sure they'll put it up all you have to do is email him the details.

studios have internal tracking boards that list where a spec or project is at inside their company: when it comes in, what the status is, and they use this information to "track" its progress. has it been read, has it been covered, those types of things.

from what he said there isn't an "industry tracking board" where every looks to see who has what spec and which territories are assigned.

if that's the kind of information you're looking for then deadline.com, the Hollywood reporter, and Variety will probably have the most current information.

but if you think about it, a lot of that information would naturally remain "inside" a company because they don't want to start a bidding war on something they're interested in and they don't want people assuming something's being purchased when its not.

i think "word gets around" because assistants probably talk to each other.

GucciGhostXXX 08-24-2019 08:18 AM

Yeah, I think it's probably assistants talking to their friends and spreading word like little rats.

I mean, how did my ex know I was on here? And how many "steps" was it to get that intel back to her? She claimed that 2 people told her. This town talks.

Maybe her assistant lurks here and figured it out. Or maybe her assistant's friend lurks here, figured it out, told her assistant who then told her. I forget, but I think it was only 1 day after I said what I said. I was only surprised it wasn't the same day. Word travels fast. I just looked, she text me at 11:32 am. Which tells me someone probably emailed her the same day I said it, maybe within minutes, but that she prob hadn't seen the email yet. I'm 100% positive she'd never visit this site herself.

So...

1) There's definitely people lurking here that know people.

2) That's proof of how fast word travels.

Bono 08-24-2019 08:40 AM

I"m almost positive YOU told her and whole world you were on here --- it was like seconds after you showed us your picture... maybe there is some google alert thing she can use to track you. Just saying, you're 2 seconds away from positing your SSN and home address.

Also if anyone is reading this in Hollywood, notice how fun my posts are and how well written. Don't you want to work with and sell my brilliant work? Tell all high profile agents and managers. Thank you!

Bono 08-24-2019 08:42 AM

We've gone off track.

I used to use and love trackingb -- seeing what specs where going out, loglines and that helped me figure out which reps I'd like to work with. Who to target. Who did comedy. And then I learned names of producers, etc and more how the process worked.

But I haven't used it in years... and never used the other service.

So has anyone actually used either of this recently? Maybe it's just not as good as it used to be or it's all available for free on website ______. You know?

GucciGhostXXX 08-24-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bono (Post 966084)
I"m almost positive YOU told her and whole world you were on here --- it was like seconds after you showed us your picture... maybe there is some google alert thing she can use to track you. Just saying, you're 2 seconds away from positing your SSN and home address.

Also if anyone is reading this in Hollywood, notice how fun my posts are and how well written. Don't you want to work with and sell my brilliant work? Tell all high profile agents and managers. Thank you!

Nah... I just posted my pic because I don't really care who knows it's me at this point. And why do people (little rats) really give a fukk? If I was lying, I'd get it, but I ain't. Dude, 15 minutes of privacy is over. So, fukk it. I'm sure my social is already online somewhere. But my point was, this place is basically dead and it still got back to her in ONE DAY.

But I agree... your posts are funny. SOMEONE HIRE THIS GUY! WTF!?