Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Koss, Allie Loh, Will Deasey Zero Gravity

Anyone have intel on these managers or this company?

Re: Matt Koss, Allie Loh, Will Deasey Zero Gravity

Never heard these names before, 2 guys show up as junior and creative exec on linkin... I didn't have much luck with Allile but I'll assume she's also exec and May 2019 is when they got promoted or the jobs... so they're new.

Zero Gravity has lots of managers, but they also make movies themselves, so I never quite understood their business model. And they were my first rep a long time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by sfire8 View Post
      Anyone have intel on these managers or this company?
      Allie is the VP of Acquisitions (as of a few years ago). she's not a manager. she's on the production side.

anyway, Allie is really nice and very professional. she was looking for action thrillers in the $40 mil budget range.

she found me on The Black List. so she does (did) use that site.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

From reading past DDP posts, I thought the consensus on zero gravity was that they mainly push out b movies.

Comment

It's 2019 now. They added tons of managers. They are legit place. They are also a production company and that seemed to be their main thing when they first came about so that's probably what the old threads were about.

I think they were my first manager -- I think it was more a hip pocket -- but I got great notes and they showed my thriller/horror around. This is before i knew anything. I just queried off the website. Back then I think I found this one and benderspink... back in the day it wasn't so easy to do online...

Anyway, so to recap Zero Gravity is as good any any other firm to look for a rep.

And what the hell is wrong with B movies???? Ha.

Sometimes I read old posts and here -- and I'm like what a$$hole said that dumb thing -- and it was me! So let's let the old threads die in regards to reps. They usually aren't very helpful if they are older than 2 years. So much changes so quickly.

Comment

Just an up date. Met with them yesterday, they were all very nice. And very young! lol. They did specifically seem to be looking for dark thrillers, with the success of their film The Accountant and show Ozark. They did say they were trying to branch out.

This was very much a prod co meeting, not a manager meeting.

Basically went well, but I always leave these feeling confused, like what do they want from me. Not my scripts...it seems, but just to chat. Perhaps write one of their idea's? Always so weird, I sometimes wish we could just get to the point and speak candidly.

Comment

Just an up date. Met with them yesterday, they were all very nice. And very young! lol. They did specifically seem to be looking for dark thrillers, with the success of their film The Accountant and show Ozark. They did say they were trying to branch out.

Basically went well, but I always leave these feeling confused, like what do they want from me. Not my scripts...it seems, but just to chat. Perhaps write one of their idea's? Always so weird, I sometimes wish we could just get to the point and speak candidly.
              So you think they wanted you to write one of their ideas? They didn't mention trying to help you sell your script? Also, what got you this meeting? Did they like a script you queried them about?

Comment

give it a few days. it's entirely possible that they are interested and they need to discuss whether they want to option or not. i received my offer after i spoke AL the first time.

it's not unusual that they didn't commit during the meeting. they'll want to discuss it amongst their team first.

who was in the meeting? managers or was there someone from production?
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

The found me on the WGA website and read both samples I posted. It was two Creative Executives and Alli from "Acquisitions"? They seemed most interested in my TV pilot, but wanted to read another pilot I pitched, but to possibly look at the idea as a feature? I followed up to thank them for the meeting and they just told me again how much they liked my pilot. Lol.

I don't even know! Haha. I'll send the other pilot, but it's not my best work. I'm so bad at navigating all this!! What do they want?????

Comment

Working...
                  X