Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=83978)

finalact4 01-23-2020 04:30 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 970837)
I'm happy to share that I made it. I'm glad there's a thread here for the Tracking Board Launch Pad. Over on Reddit there's only one other person I found who also made it, and folks there seem to be mostly quiet about this contest.

Regarding the experience so far, I liked their long congratulatory email. All finalists receive a free yearlong membership to the Tracking Board and you get a chance to send in your bio and upload up to 3 additional samples of your work, and also a chance to update the draft of the finalist script (without paying Coverfly). Yesterday was the deadline to get all that in.

Congratulations!!

NoNeckJoe 01-23-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooper (Post 970775)
The folks at LP, however, bend over backwards to assist their winners, remain in contact, and will submit to targeted companies if you ask them. It's like you become a part of their family and not just another contest winner.

This wasn't my experience when I made top 25 of the Launchpad contest. I never got a single read request, and my project was a commercial one. I queried the script on my own and got a slew of requests afterward, but TB Launchpad did absolutely nothing for me.

manfredlopez 01-23-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDoc (Post 970841)
Nice. Good job man. Do they send your script to reps yet or is that after the contest closes?

Thanks! Regarding your question, I have a feeling that they start right now. In the long email I got they asked us to limit exposure of our scripts because they will start submitting them around town and they want to keep track of all the reads.

manfredlopez 01-23-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finalact4 (Post 970842)
Congratulations!!

Thanks! By the way, I recently read one of your screenplays and really liked it. Very well done.

muckraker 01-23-2020 07:55 PM

I was Top 50 in the LP a couple years back. I didn't get anything much out of that but I do appreciate the way it's run and entered this year, but did not make the cut. As with most any contest unless you win or place very high you will not be swarmed by attention. I don't think TrackingB has been worth a squat for a long time and would not recommend entering given the price and lack of any recent success stories.

UpandComing 01-23-2020 09:08 PM

I made the Top 50 of LPFC last year. After the winners were announced (June), the Top 100 finalists were told that a booklet was sent out to its network of reps/producers. Then after that we heard absolutely nothing until October (4 months). We got an e-mail from the organizer telling us which companies had asked to read our script (think I got like a dozen requests or so). Since then, no contact as they're focused on this year's competition.

I still have some hope, as just about a week ago one of the Top 100 finalists (from last year) was announced as having just signed with a manager and hitting the market with a spec. That suggests that some of the reps/producers may still be getting around to reading the finalists from last year (when reading may have been delayed due to the WGA-ATA conflict, as Cooper indicated).

Congrats to all who placed, and good luck!

manfredlopez 02-13-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpandComing (Post 970853)
I made the Top 50 of LPFC last year.

I just found out I made the Top 50 in the current contest :eek: Your post suddenly became really relevant to me, LOL. Thanks for sharing your experience.

finalact4 02-13-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 970845)
Thanks! By the way, I recently read one of your screenplays and really liked it. Very well done.

Wow, thanks, manfredlopez. I'm glad you like it. And congrats on the top 50!

UpandComing 02-13-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 971170)
I just found out I made the Top 50 in the current contest :eek: Your post suddenly became really relevant to me, LOL. Thanks for sharing your experience.

No problem, glad it's useful. Congrats, and good luck!

manfredlopez 02-14-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finalact4 (Post 971173)
Wow, thanks, manfredlopez. I'm glad you like it. And congrats on the top 50!

Thanks! BTW, It was Tracker. I love this kind of Sci-Fi movie. I really hope it gets made. I think you've mentioned on here that you were very close at least on one occasion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpandComing (Post 971174)
No problem, glad it's useful. Congrats, and good luck!

Thanks! May I ask, did you have any other placements in other contests or fellowships with that script?