Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=83978)

UpandComing 02-15-2020 02:54 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 971178)
Thanks! May I ask, did you have any other placements in other contests or fellowships with that script?


I only entered it in one other contest, Nicholl (where it made the Top 15%). Just thought its chances were limited due to it being a period drama. I plan to enter it in a few new places this year because of the positive reception it got (Austin, PAGE).

manfredlopez 02-16-2020 02:38 AM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UpandComing (Post 971199)
I only entered it in one other contest, Nicholl (where it made the Top 15%). Just thought its chances were limited due to it being a period drama. I plan to enter it in a few new places this year because of the positive reception it got (Austin, PAGE).

Top 15%, that is awesome! I have a feeling you will do well. I also recently submitted to Nicholl, Austin and PAGE. Fingers and toes crossed for the both of us, and all other DoneDealers!

The reason I asked is because this is my first time entering writing competitions and I'm trying to get a sense of 'contest-equivalency,' if such a thing even exists. In other words, I'm wondering if one solid contest placement translates to other placements, or if it's all more random like with short films, where 'successful' shorts have an acceptance rate of roughly only 10% (You submit to 10 festivals in order to maybe be selected by one... It's rough out there for indie directors.)

UpandComing 02-16-2020 09:38 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 971203)
Top 15%, that is awesome! I have a feeling you will do well. I also recently submitted to Nicholl, Austin and PAGE. Fingers and toes crossed for the both of us, and all other DoneDealers!

The reason I asked is because this is my first time entering writing competitions and I'm trying to get a sense of 'contest-equivalency,' if such a thing even exists. In other words, I'm wondering if one solid contest placement translates to other placements, or if it's all more random like with short films, where 'successful' shorts have an acceptance rate of roughly only 10% (You submit to 10 festivals in order to maybe be selected by one... It's rough out there for indie directors.)

Thanks! Yes, good luck to us all!

I have no idea about the average success of contest entries in screenwriting -- doubt any numbers have been crunched, and it would probably be a waste of time due to so many subjective factors. I do know that several of the scripts that made the Tracking Board Top 50 last year also did well in other top contests (which is not surprising to me, as it's very hard to get into the Top 50).

manfredlopez 02-28-2020 06:43 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
The plot thickens... I just found out I made the top 25 :eek:

TigerFang 02-28-2020 08:51 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Thatís awesome, manfredlopez! Way to go!

manfredlopez 02-28-2020 10:44 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerFang (Post 971421)
Thatís awesome, manfredlopez! Way to go!

Thanks!

UpandComing 02-29-2020 05:16 AM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by manfredlopez (Post 971419)
The plot thickens... I just found out I made the top 25 :eek:

Wow! Congrats!

manfredlopez 03-01-2020 09:50 AM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UpandComing (Post 971424)
Wow! Congrats!

Thanks!

figment 04-15-2020 01:00 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
I've never entered Launch Pad but thought I might give it a try after this reading through this thread. A couple questions:

One thing I noticed in looking over the list of winners/top 75 is that they all list a "XYZ meets ABC" before their loglines.

1) Do you have to do this "XYZ meets ABC" on the submission form, or are you asked to do this if your script places? (I don't find "XYZ meets ABC" useful and I'm also terrible at them).

2) By using the coverfly to do this does this mean your script logline/you are listed for everyone else to see? So it's not an anonymous or double/blind read by a judge?

https://tblaunchpad.com/2019-feature/

UpandComing 04-15-2020 04:22 PM

Re: TrackingB vs Tracking Board Launch Pad
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by figment (Post 972307)
I've never entered Launch Pad but thought I might give it a try after this reading through this thread. A couple questions:

One thing I noticed in looking over the list of winners/top 75 is that they all list a "XYZ meets ABC" before their loglines.

1) Do you have to do this "XYZ meets ABC" on the submission form, or are you asked to do this if your script places? (I don't find "XYZ meets ABC" useful and I'm also terrible at them).

2) By using the coverfly to do this does this mean your script logline/you are listed for everyone else to see? So it's not an anonymous or double/blind read by a judge?

https://tblaunchpad.com/2019-feature/

You don't have to do the "XYZ meets ABC" thing on the submission form. You are asked to provide such a description if you make the Top 100 (when you will have another form to fill out that asks for information such as a bio and 3 other scripts you want to submit as samples). That said, TB does not necessarily stick with the one you provided - it changed my description when it was published on the website. The description is not listed on the site until the final winner is announced.

As for Coverfly, I've never used that to enter Launch Pad, but I doubt that your logline is listed for everyone to see.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro