This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Black List

Just spotted this on Twitter. Apparently, The Black List just got awesome-er.

http://waitlist.blcklst.com/

Seems like Netflix for screenplays. Great idea.

Re: The New Black List

Originally posted by ATB View Post
    Just spotted this on Twitter. Apparently, The Black List just got awesome-er.

http://waitlist.blcklst.com/

Seems like Netflix for screenplays. Great idea.
    Interesting, but how do you get your scripts there? Isn't the Black List basically the best 'rejected' scripts? So do you need to send it out to prod co's then get rejected and then get on the site if they liked it or can you just send it to them/upload it if you're, let's say, a Finalist for PAGE.

Comment

It's the best unproduced scripts. Meaning not yet movies. So your script could be in-development somewhere and still be on the list.

Don't think writers have any control over how to get on it. It's just industry votes.

Comment

From an email that went out announcing the new service:

"If you're a writer, you'll be able to pay a small monthly fee (probably $30/month) to make your script available to our industry membership. You'll also be able to pay (probably $30 each) for brief evaluations from our team of professional (though anonymous) script readers, so that we can direct your script into the right hands."

So, as I understand it, the InkTip model, which doesn't really (to my mind) do anything for the industry members who sign up for the service other than make it easier for them to be inundated with thousands of amateur scripts by writers who ponied up their $30 to be added to the database.

If there are truly worthy scripts, my impression is that they don't stay undiscovered within the industry for long, and I don't know that you would need this service to bring them to your attention.

Comment

This isn't the same Black List, dood. This is a new service just like Inktip except it's using the Black list name...the guy who created the Black List never made a dime from it...this is his way to cash in.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about writers paying to be on this. Should just be like The Black List but electronic. You want comedies? Here's a Black List for comedy. And for thriller. For action. For drama, what have you.

Paying for it just makes it a shinier Inktip.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of Bullsh!t.

What's the point to any of this?

Comment

I thought it was going to be like a IMDB for scripts.

Comment

the tracking boards largely serve that function, i would think. i don't know if all scripts that go out make it onto the boards, but the ones that most execs need to know about seem to.

Comment

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/blac...professionals/

Comment

Not bad, not bad at all.

Comment

Hi everyone, it's me. Franklin Leonard, creator of the Black List. As you might imagine, today's a pretty busy day, but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions you have about the list.

I'll be doing so over at the Black List blog. Probably the easiest way to ask those questions is by leaving them in the comments of this post: http://blog.blcklst.com/2012/10/ques...list-ask-away/

But I'll be dipping into threads where this new paradigm shift is being discussed to answer questions and address misinformation.

Comment

This sounds really cool. Very well could become a major center for finding good screenplays, and allows the writers to be more selective (which will put everyone on their game). Have a few questions:

Regarding readers: will it be possible to "request a reader or type of reader (say for genre)"?

And how many readers would it take before industry players are notified?

How are shady producers separated from legitimate smaller producers?
                          Last edited by lordmanji; 10-15-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Inktip is crying real tears right now.

Comment

Franklin, what makes your site different from one like Ink Tip, for example.
                              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X