Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really dumb question about posting script pages

I wanted to post some pages, but when I did the cut and paste thing, the formatting was so off, I was embarrassed to hit "add post."

My script was written in Scriptware, exported into Word, and copied from there.

Anyone have any hints?

Jami

just post them. We know the format will be off. But we'll look at the story, which is what you want anyway. You're surrounded by novices, so don't worry about looking like one.

Comment

Bill has answered this in the past, but I forget...I think the answer is to enclose your post with [ code ] and [ /code ] without the spaces. You might try it anyway.

Comment

What PapaJohn said is correct. I have posted about this a few times, too.

It works similarly to HTML code. You have to use ['code'] at the start and [/'code'] at the end. Don't use the single-quote marks; I had to do that to keep the word ['code'] from disappearing.

If you don't do it this way, the EZ Board strips out the spaces. Be warned, though, that sometimes there is so much extra space because of space at the left margin that the screen gets really messed up. Overall, it is better just to do it the EZ Board way, with everything at the left margin. Everybody is used to it now, I think.

Comment

Just trying this out ...

Jami

Comment

jami,

do you use final draft or movie magic? one good way to do it is this:

save the document as a HTML file somewhere on your desktop. in final draft, it'll ask you if you want to break up the document into sections. say no. then you open that document manually in your WEB BROWSER.

it'll look just like a script. then you select everything, and hit copy.

now you open your post here on ezboard. you paste the entire selection and surround it with (code) (/code) where the round brackets are substituted with [] brackets. the formatting at this point will look totally screwed. don't worry. just hit post.

voila! it'll look just like script pages, courier font and everything.

good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Gaijin. Actually, I'm a Scriptware gal. A .scr version at that!

So I had to export the screenplay into Word just to get it to copy and paste. I tried the code things, but there was way too much white space at the left margin. So then I had to go back in the document and hit "find" and "replace" a few times with various combinations of the space bar and the backspace key so it would line up neatly on the left margin.

After all that, I really hope at least one person reads it ...

Jami

Comment

yes, but you had the kindness to post the genre in the thread title, so THANK YOU.

Comment

hi jami,

sorry i assumed you were just using either final draft or mm2k. hopefully what you tried worked.

Comment

Gaijin, you are the MAN! I've been meaning it ask the same question, but you gone and done it for me. From your help, my pages are up on the log section now. Many thanks dude.

It all looks so much better when its formatted correctly!

EJ

PS: The moderators should lock this posting in the Log and Page section. It should always be at the top, so other people can use it.

Comment

ah well. at least it helped someone else after all. glad you found it useful.

(i owe this knowledge to mr pipewriter, btw, who taught me everything i know about posting script pages in script format)

Comment

jami, just remember... there are no dumb questions. just dumb posters.

well, i take that back. My theory doesn't hold up with anthonymusgrove.

EDIT: oops, i think i implied jami is dumb. not at all. mea culpa.

Comment

anthony musgrowabrain. really.

Comment

No offense taken, Blue.

Jami

Comment

i recommend you do take offense at what blue said. just for fun. we all do.

Comment

Working...
                              X