Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Television (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do you have any show recommendations? (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=84834)

Friday 08-21-2019 08:12 PM

Do you have any show recommendations?
 
It's impossible to keep track of every show on TV. There always seems to be a show that a friend or family member brings up that wasn't really on my radar. Just too busy.



Is there an intriguing show that you think is worth checking out? Any you see coming up that looks promising. I am excited about that Killing on Carnival Row. I really liked the script when I read it and thought how are studios going to take a chance on this. Even those shows that are canceled are pretty interesting and I only discover them after the fact on streaming. I am like "That was a show? When did that come out?"

Hernan Giaggio 08-22-2019 09:46 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
I'm currently obsessed with Succession.

Also just saw the first episode of On Becoming a God in South Florida and enjoyed it.

What shows do you like? Would help to recommend some.

Friday 08-22-2019 10:22 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hernan Giaggio (Post 965940)
I'm currently obsessed with Succession.

Also just saw the first episode of On Becoming a God in South Florida and enjoyed it.

What shows do you like? Would help to recommend some.


I heard good things about Succession...that it's characters walk the line of being pretty unlikable, yet interesting.


I was surprised to like the show You. I think it was originally on a channel that I don't normally watch but I noticed it when it was streaming and people kept mentioning it. The shows Great News and LA to Vegas were surprisingly funny...especially LA to Vegas. Sitcoms normally aren't my cup of tea anymore, but those 2 are good. I am sure I like more...just not remembering everything since there is so much on tv. I used to could keep track. Now, I have to binge watch just to keep up.

lostfootage 08-23-2019 09:08 PM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
I never watched Friends when it was on. Now I'm towards the end of season one. It's funny! I see why it went 10 years! If you haven't seen it, it's worth it. But I think I'm like the only person who is not Amish (or other religions where they don't watch TV) that missed it.

Bono 08-25-2019 07:11 PM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
TV is my life. So I could list 1000 shows.

So maybe Friday give us some idea of the shows you actual love and took time to see so I can curate a better TV set list for you.

Otherwise I'll just list favorites like CHEERS and MARRIED WITH CHILDREN and 24 and LOST and...

Friday 08-25-2019 08:22 PM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bono (Post 966202)
TV is my life. So I could list 1000 shows.

So maybe Friday give us some idea of the shows you actual love and took time to see so I can curate a better TV set list for you.

Otherwise I'll just list favorites like CHEERS and MARRIED WITH CHILDREN and 24 and LOST and...


I am looking for shows that are good or interesting that I might not have noticed due to there being so much noise. There must be thousands of shows. Everyone's heard of Game of Thrones or Mad Men. But, there are a lot of good shows on the networks, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon that might be overlooked. I keep an open mind as to genres or even plot lines because after all I am there to soak up knowledge and also enjoy myself. People always ask me if I saw a certain show and I'm surprised I never heard of it---outside of the popular shows, some shows just go under the radar. I'd throw in limited series and tv movies.



Seinfeld's my favorite comedy. Quantum Leap is one of my favorite shows. I binge watched House of Cards...pretty good for the first few seasons...haven't seen the final season. 13 Reasons Why was great for the first season...haven't checked out the rest because I wasn't sure where the storyline could possibly go. Only saw the first two episodes of God Friended Me, but I really enjoyed that one. In the Dark is such a good show...so well written. I usually like all the CW shows. I secretly watch Bachelor in Paradise.

lostfootage 08-26-2019 12:38 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Friday (Post 966206)
I am looking for shows that are good or interesting that I might not have noticed due to there being so much noise. There must be thousands of shows. Everyone's heard of Game of Thrones or Mad Men. But, there are a lot of good shows on the networks, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon that might be overlooked. I keep an open mind as to genres or even plot lines because after all I am there to soak up knowledge and also enjoy myself. People always ask me if I saw a certain show and I'm surprised I never heard of it---outside of the popular shows, some shows just go under the radar. I'd throw in limited series and tv movies.



Seinfeld's my favorite comedy. Quantum Leap is one of my favorite shows. I binge watched House of Cards...pretty good for the first few seasons...haven't seen the final season. 13 Reasons Why was great for the first season...haven't checked out the rest because I wasn't sure where the storyline could possibly go. Only saw the first two episodes of God Friended Me, but I really enjoyed that one. In the Dark is such a good show...so well written. I usually like all the CW shows. I secretly watch Bachelor in Paradise.

Have you seen the TV show of Get Shorty? Not the 1995 movie, but the recent TV series? It's on EPIX. I have a soft spot for Chris O'Dowd, who has the lead role. And Ray Romano as a shifty producer is cast perfectly. But the the person who steals the first season is an actress named Lidia Porto. She plays the villainess, the mob boss. Oh, it's so hard to explain. It'll sound stupid if I type it out. Just find it and watch. I watched the first season three times last year.

And if you never caught the two seasons of Party Down from Starz 2009-2010, go find that. If you like Seinfeld, you'd like Party Down. Maybe.

Friday 08-26-2019 02:21 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lostfootage (Post 966216)
Have you seen the TV show of Get Shorty? Not the 1995 movie, but the recent TV series? It's on EPIX. I have a soft spot for Chris O'Dowd, who has the lead role. And Ray Romano as a shifty producer is cast perfectly. But the the person who steals the first season is an actress named Lidia Porto. She plays the villainess, the mob boss. Oh, it's so hard to explain. It'll sound stupid if I type it out. Just find it and watch. I watched the first season three times last year.

And if you never caught the two seasons of Party Down from Starz 2009-2010, go find that. If you like Seinfeld, you'd like Party Down. Maybe.


I never even heard of Party Down! That's how many gazillion shows there are out.

I vaguely remember seeing a billboard about Get Shorty and wanting to see it because I love the movie so much. Plus, I tend to like stuff about Hollywood or movie making. I haven't gotten to it because it wasn't high on my priority list, but since you say it's good, I might bump it up.

docgonzo 08-26-2019 09:50 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Mindhunter, Mindhunter, Mindhunter.

Trust me on this.

Friday 08-26-2019 09:59 AM

Re: Do you have any show recommendations?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by docgonzo (Post 966227)
Mindhunter, Mindhunter, Mindhunter.

Trust me on this.


Ok. I'll check that out. Thanks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro