Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Script Deals (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "Cloning Christ" movie scam (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7048)

victoriastrauss 01-23-2007 11:48 AM

Re: "Cloning Christ" movie scam

I'm a staff member of Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group. I'm following up on my recent blog post on Peter Senese and his Bookbeat TV project. I'd like to request that anyone who has had experience with Mr. Senese and/or Bookbeat get in touch with me. My email is beware@sfwa.org. Other contact information is here. Per Writer Beware's privacy policy, all information shared with Writer Beware is held in strictest confidence. Names and contact info will not be shared.

Thanks very much.

- Victoria Strauss
----------------------------
Writer Beware Website
Writer Bewre Blog
Personal Website

Marine66 01-23-2007 12:31 PM

Robert Downey Jr. doesn't have dogs?

Slappynipsy 01-24-2007 09:00 AM

I always had the idea for a comic book called RoboJesus.

A cult tries to clone Jesus but it goes awry, the Vatican seizes the clone replaces the missing parts with ... well you get the idea...

BROUGHCUT 01-24-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slappynipsy (Post 330129)
I always had the idea for a comic book called RoboJesus.

A cult tries to clone Jesus but it goes awry, the Vatican seizes the clone replaces the missing parts with ...

aborted babies?

Slappynipsy 01-24-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROUGHCUT (Post 330185)
aborted babies?

BRILLIANT

sc111 01-24-2007 01:56 PM

I clicked teh Writer's Beware blog -- good job.

Amazing how reputable online magazines take this con man's press release seriously making it seem legitimate.

There is a great con story here for the screen. :)

HollywoodCitizen 02-16-2007 05:24 AM

I agree with the other posters who stated there is a great story here for a movie about your experience. Although it was a very painful experience for you to go through, there is definitely humor in the tragedy here. An example is the fake call to "Gary Sinise's wife" -- this Peter guy is so absolutely pathetic that he's humorous.

Writing it might be therapeutic!

writer0825 02-16-2007 10:27 AM

Well, if that is the way the guy who was claiming to be releated to him was spelling his name, that should have been a major clue that something wasn't right, cause that is not how Gary Sinise spells his name...."Senese." :eek:

nic.h 02-16-2007 02:12 PM

Writers Beware and Preditors and Editors were my first port of call back when my focus was on publishing - and for those out there with an interest in adapting existing or proposed books, definitely worth checking them out. Even if they don't have the contact on the website, you can email them to ask (I think you still can) and they'll check around for you. (Obviously, don't be lazy about it - it's a great option when you can't find anything out the usual ways.)

Victoria was a wealth of info back on Writers Net (a forum I used to visit) and continues to help writers around the world. When she talks, I listen. FWIW. :o